Website Winston & Strawn LLP
The ARD Assistant will provide administrative support to the New York Manager of Attorney Recruiting & Development with additional support to the Director of Attorney Recruiting & Development on firm-wide recruiting initiatives. This position will work with partners, associates, and professional staff throughout the firm.
- Assist with all aspects of law student, entry-level, judicial clerk, and lateral associate hiring for the NY office.
- Maintain candidate application information in recruitment database (ViDesktop) and ensure accuracy of data in a timely manner.
- Support the interview process by sending interview schedules, greeting applicants, soliciting feedback on candidates, and preparing interview files.
- Maintain, and ensure accuracy of information in NY ARD charts, and provide statistical data as needed.
- Support the Summer Program by assisting with orientation, training, social events, assignment tracking, performance evaluations and preparing summer associate files.
- Respond to day-to-day Summer Associate questions and/or concerns and participate in all Summer Associate events to the extent possible.
- Prepare and upload complete law student candidate files for on-campus interview process.
- Provide administrative and data entry support for on-campus interviewing and callback interviews.
- Provide on-site assistance at law schools for on-campus interviewing and recruiting events.
- Process all candidate and incoming associate expense reimbursements.
- Assist with logistics for meetings and presentations, including conference room reservations and related services.
- Conduct market research regarding legal recruiting trends.
- Collaborate with Firmwide ARD Working Groups to plan and implement innovative recruiting and development programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least one year of experience in an administrative support role in a professional services environment required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of recruiting policy and procedures strongly preferred.
- Technology savvy, resourceful, and strong PC skills to include the MS Office Suite™ (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System preferred.
- Proficiency and experience with social media outlets such as GlassDoor and Linkedin preferred.
- Must possess a very high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to manage a high volume of work with accuracy and a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills and can work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, follow-up, and follow through skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and excellent multi-tasking ability is essential.
- Self- motivated, energetic, self -starter with excellent client service skills.
- Must be available for work outside of normal schedule hours (definite extra hours during on-campus recruiting, callback interviewing and summer program)
We value diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity Employer).#LI-D