Website Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
The Recruiting and Associate Development Junior Coordinator provides administrative support for the department and coordinates all aspects of recruiting and associate development, while assisting with other legal personnel functions.
“Essential Functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodations made by Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. The job consists primarily of, but is not limited to, the following:
Provide support for Recruiting functions:
- Process incoming resumes including checking for prior contacts, entering them in the recruiting database and sending to attorneys for review and consideration.
- Assist in the preparation of interviews for all attorney and summer associate position candidates.
- Accompany candidates through office interviews.
- Gather interview evaluations and prepare for Recruiting Committee meetings.
- Track school organization requests to the Firm.
- Prepare materials for on-campus interviewing and recruiting events.
- Assist with maintaining recruiting, diversity, and associate development statistics, including creating and analyzing reports.
Provide support for Legal Personnel/Associate Development functions:
- Mail letters and information packets to new hires; process salary advances; maintain on-boarding data; draft first day orientation memos and biographies.
- Assist in the planning of new attorney orientation.
- Process background checks; coordinate with Human Resources and complete new hire packets; collect and process new hire materials.
- Process bar-related and relocation expenses for new hires.
- Coordinate Visiting Attorney Program:
- Facilitate relocation, orientation, departure, etc.
- Organize Visiting Attorney CLE presentations.
- Communicate and meet with Visiting Attorney Committee as needed.
- Maintain Associate Development intranet page including training schedule and relevant materials.
- Coordinate room setup and logistics for training programs and associate meetings.
- Spearhead the plans for the thrice-yearly Dinner Around Town event as well as other social events.
- Maintain and upload updated Class Dean/Mentor assignment documents.
- Coordinate Manicare, Shortcut and tailoring services appointments.
Provide support for Summer Associate programs:
- Organize student and event files.
- Send out letters and information packets to summer hires, process salary advances, maintain on-boarding data, organize materials, draft first day memos.
- Monitor time entries for all summer associates, create summer feedback files, as assigned and keep track of review meetings.
- Prepare evaluations for Recruiting Committee meetings.
- Schedule summer associate lunches.
- Assist with Dinner Partner, Smorgasbord and other event planning.
- Maintain forwarding contact information and offer status information.
Provide general support for the Recruiting and Legal Personnel Department:
- Telephone coverage.
- Assist with employer affidavits.
- Create and close files, as necessary.
- Prepare name tags and arrange cars/complete car service vouchers for Recruiting and Firm events.
- Assist with maintaining and updating Recruiting and Legal Personnel & Diversity intranet pages.
- Other ad-hoc projects, as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of legal recruiting, associate development and/or human resources practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of personnel. Professional and gracious demeanor and service attitude at all times.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Ability to provide support for detailed and complex projects.
- Flexibility in the midst of multiple and/or changing priorities and deadlines.
- Integrity - strong professional and ethical standards; must observe confidentiality of personnel and Firm matters.
- Proficiency in Outlook, MS Office Suite and familiarity with viRecruit or a similar recruiting database.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One or more years’ experience in the associate development and/or legal recruiting fields. Knowledge of diversity and/or human resources a plus.