Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Duties including but not limited to:
Human Resources & Recruitment
• Assist in broad range of human resource functions, including benefits administration, payroll support, managing timesheet and attendance records, program implementation, compliance checks, and recruitment and development. Work with Operations Manager to manage employee data reports by assembling, preparing, organizing, and analyzing data.
• Respond to HR-related inquiries from attorneys and staff, and fostering an environment of collaboration and positivity.
• Supports Executive Director and Operations Manager in recruitment of all legal and non-legal staff. Provide day-to-day support and planning of US summer program, applicant tracking and ongoing support to ED on all lateral associate and partner hiring.
• Support hiring, onboarding and retention of employees, including visa and foreign legal consultant applications and organizing the annual performance evaluation processes.
• Provide administrative support to Executive Director, as needed, up to and including data
• Assist in executing Learning & Development and REP'D Committee programing.
• entry, scheduling, answering calls, drafting and editing offer letters, documents and vendor contracts.
• Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential. Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Assist with firm events and other ad-hoc events and away days as required.
• Process invoices, expense reports and check requests as needed.
• Support ED in various aspects of new office build out and relocation.
• Maintain vendor and supplier contacts as needed.
• Assist Operations Manager and provide BD support by pulling and updating CVs, online bios, respond to global requests, updating deal lists, preparing event materials, tracking news and articles, and client research and inquiries to other offices.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
Desired skills and experience
• The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field as well as an interest in the legal industry.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills required.
• Exhibits high level of maturity, confidentiality and excellent judgment.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while keeping calm and focused despite heavy workload and/or stressful situations.
• High energy, works well independently, but also excels at collaborating with a team.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with attorneys, candidates, administrative staff, and others.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with attorneys, candidates, administrative staff, and others.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with applicant tracking systems preferred.
Business Area – Finance Role: US Operations & HR Assistant (BU 20)
Location: New York
Reporting to: Executive Director, Americas
Hours of work Exempt Status, Monday – Friday, OT as needed
Department/ Role Overview:
Support the US HR and Operations function under direct supervision of Executive Director, Americas Provide support as needed to support to Operations Manager, partners and employees.