Website Sheppard Mullin
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, an Am Law 50 firm, has an immediate opening for a Lateral Recruiting and Integration Coordinator in our New York office.
As a member of the Sheppard Mullin’s Talent Management Team, the Lateral Recruiting and Integration Coordinator will support firmwide offices on all aspects of the lateral recruiting and integration processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a collaborative team with real opportunity for advancement.
- Proactively drive all aspects of the lateral recruiting cycle including, draft job descriptions; source candidates; coordinate interviews; collect feedback and facilitate decision-making conversations with hiring partners in accordance with established strategic goals; establish and build relationships with external search firms; coordinate onboarding and support integration efforts
- Support diversity & inclusion initiatives and apply objective hiring procedures
- Maintain applicant records; ensure data integrity; prepare and analyze statistics
- Manage LinkedIn Recruiting for lateral hiring processes
Support recruiting & integration efforts for teams associated with incoming/new lateral partners
- Draft/source candidate target lists for senior recruiting team
Work collaboratively with firm administrative departments, offices, and Practice Group members to execute successful onboarding and orientation, and integration of lateral attorneys
- Support attorneys in their career development, providing information and guidance on firmwide resources and expectations
Collaborate with Professional Development teamTrack and measure via metrics each lateral's integration process and identify strategic ways to drive overall success
- Review and analyze recruiting & integration feedback and surveys
- Review lateral performance, utilization, and PG strategic recruiting goals
Lead or support other national lateral recruiting and integration programs and initiatives, as necessary
- Collect and report industry-related news and data as requested by Senior Firmwide Lateral Recruiting and Integration Manager
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented self-starter
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel while demonstrating a professional and service oriented demeanor
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent judgment and respect for confidentiality
- Prior law firm or corporate recruiting experience required
- Preferred Qualifications: Prior human resources and marketing experience preferred
Required: Bachelor’s degree, or 1-2+ years of relevant work experience
Required: Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience using an applicant tracking system.
Preferred: Knowledge of viDesktop, iCIMS, Symplicity, and NetDocs systems is a plus. Advanced web skills and basic web/graphic design skills is helpful.
Travel to other US offices for firm and recruiting events, as necessary.