Website Selendy & Gay
Selendy & Gay is seeking a Talent Development Specialist to coordinate work assignments for all associates and help train and evaluate associates on case management skills. In this role, you will collaborate with associates, legal staff, paralegals, litigation support, managing clerk’s office, operations support, staff attorneys, and Firm leadership to maximize productivity, profitability, and operational efficiency.
Oversee associate assignments and workflow including:
- Advising partners on which associates are available for new assignments based on capacity, interest and/or needed experience.
- Monitoring each associates’ balance of billable, pro bono, firm, and plaintiff-side work-up time while tracking associates’ workloads and assessing billable hours generated.
- Ensuring that each attorney is fully utilized and gets to work on a variety of matters and with a variety of partners, while balancing development opportunities with client needs.
- Assisting with time record compliance by monitoring time record promptness and issuing reminders to associates.
- Working with managers of staff attorneys, litigation support, managing clerk’s office, paralegals, and assistants on the coordination of assignments of non-associate timekeepers.
- Assisting with staffing transitions.
- Escalating potential staffing concerns where appropriate.
Further the professional development of the Firm’s associates by:
- Coordinating the annual performance evaluation process for associates.
- Tracking associates’ experience in order to maximize their skill development.
- Oversee programs and partnerships with external organizations focused on associate development and training.
- Provide regular reports to Administrative Partner on associate development opportunities; both upcoming and completed and track accordingly.
- Identifying potential associate training agendas and coordinating training to meet development needs. Implementing the Firm’s Fellowship trainings, focused on first generation college students and people of color.
Key Skills & Traits Needed:
- 4 + years’ relevant experience in the legal industry.
- Experience researching and analyzing practice areas and trends in the legal market.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and strategic skills.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively lead a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org