Website K&L Gates
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative, and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
K&L Gates LLP has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced recruiting professional to join our Firmwide legal recruiting team as a Regional Manager of Legal Recruiting. Under the direction of the Firmwide Director of Legal Recruiting, this position will reside in either the New York or Boston office and will have responsibility for managing all aspects of law student, entry level, lateral associate, and lateral partner recruitment, onboarding, orientation, and integration for the Boston, New York, and New Jersey offices. In addition to local office responsibilities, this position will also collaborate with other recruiting, development, D&I, and talent management professionals Firmwide on various team initiatives and projects. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Manage full-cycle recruitment process for law students, summer associates, and lateral associates, including:
- Work closely with office and practice area leaders to determine specific hiring needs at the associate level; develop and execute strategies for lateral candidate sourcing.
- Serve as the firm’s relationship manager with key market contacts, including search firms, in Boston, New York, and New Jersey. Continually source and develop these relationships to ensure meaningful engagement and dialogue that is differentiated from our competitors.
- Develop and execute strategies for law student engagement at key feeder law schools.
- Track and manage candidates from application and resume screening stage through in-office interviews; manage and track all interview feedback; facilitate the meetings where offer decisions are made; follow up with candidates regarding final status.
- End-to-end support and execution of Summer Associate programs, including events and professional development activities, while supporting the summer associates’ engagement and transition throughout the process.
- Manage and execute onboarding, orientation, and integration programs for lawyer hires.
Other responsibilities include:
- Foster a positive working environment and structure for the legal recruiting department that promotes productivity, responsiveness, local and cross-office teamwork, high staff morale, and professional excellence.
- Collaborate with the Legal Recruiting Managers across the firm to plan strategically and identify ways to improve processes and procedures.
- Monitor local markets and stay informed with current market trends and law firm news.
- Provide strategic advice on hiring to offices when necessary.
- Assist with local interview training for lawyers.
- Prepare and monitor recruitment budget.
- Actively participate in talent acquisition and other general networking opportunities, including speaking and writing articles for industry seminars and publications.
Bachelor's degree required; 5+ years recruiting experience in a large law firm or professional services industry;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment, proven leadership capabilities, a professional and friendly demeanor, a commitment to confidentiality, and strong professional and ethical standards;
- Highly motivated, creative problem solver, flexible, results-oriented, and possesses the ability to work independently under pressure with demanding deadlines;
- Ability to work well with all levels of firm personnel and establish effective working relationships throughout the firm;
- Proven ability to persuade and influence professionals to try new approaches and drive progress;
- Demonstrated success in managing and delivering programs and executing tasks associated with large projects and functions;
- Strong work ethic, ability to master new tasks, and a desire to work in an intellectually challenging and team-oriented culture;
- Strong organizational, administrative, and word processing skills;
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule that will frequently require travel among region’s offices, extended hours, and periodic weekend work;
- Proficiency with applicant data tracking software, preferably PeopleSoft Recruit Workforce and/or Yello. Proficiency with Leopard Law and/or LinkedIn Recruiter is a plus.
[No phone calls, walk-ins, or agencies, please.]
ABOUT THE FIRM
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with approximately 2,000 lawyers across five continents. We have experienced dramatic growth in the past decade and now rank among the largest U.S. based law firms in the world. We take pride in constantly striving for innovation, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We come up with big ideas and then roll up our sleeves to get the job done, guiding our clients through their most complex issues in a variety of industry sectors and across multiple regions of the world.
The industry recognition the firm has garnered in the past five years emanates from the foundation of a global community aligned on behalf of our clients. The people at K&L Gates are committed to working together to create a legacy for each other, the firm, our clients, and the communities in which we serve. We thrive in an inclusive and socially conscious environment that embraces diversity and takes a holistic approach to the career evolution of all our professionals.
To learn what makes us different from other law firms, including our collaborative approach, entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to diversity, check out our video, “Grow Your Career at K&L Gates.”
If you agree that we are different from other law firms - and the right place for you to grow your career - please apply for this position. For more information or to view other job opportunities, please click here to go back to our careers page.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.