King & Spalding LLP
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Recruiting Manager to join the New York office. This role offers the opportunity for motivated individuals to join an innovative and collaborate environment focused on supporting best practices and developing solutions to improve processes and procedures.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program
The Recruiting Manager will design, execute, evaluate, and improve recruiting programs and services. Working with others, the Manager will have responsibility for lateral and summer associate hiring in New York. The Manager will be expected to work collaboratively and directly with the relevant partners, senior staff, and other stakeholders around the firm to identify needs and ensure the programs and services are world-class.
Lateral Attorney Hiring
- Work with lawyers to determine hiring needs and best ways to source candidates
- Review candidate resumes and coordinate interview schedules
- Interview candidates; serve as firm liaison for candidates
- Engage search firms when necessary
- Track lateral attorney referrals
- Update open attorney positions on website and intranet
Summer Associate Hiring and Summer Program
- Manage on-campus interviews
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with law school career offices
- Schedule student callback interviews
- Coordinate Hiring Committee meetings, present applicant files; calculate and maintain hiring statistics
- Organize on-campus recruiting initiatives (student receptions, speaking engagements, etc.)
- Oversee work assignments and evaluations
- Supervise planning and promote all social events
- Develop and manage New York annual Recruiting budget
- Manage candidate reimbursements for travel and expenses
- Participate in firm-wide Recruiting initiatives
- Keep abreast of key market issues and trends.
SKILLS AND APTITUDE REQUIRED:
- Creative, curious, and innovative; takes initiative to identify and translate best practices from other firms and industries into viable firm initiatives
- Knowledge of law firm business model principles and legal industry trends and challenges
- Able to assimilate information quickly in order to grasp larger concepts and details, and apply it in other settings
- Desire for increasingly challenging projects and heightened responsibility/visibility
- Excellent communications (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with lawyers, all levels of administrative staff, and contacts outside the firm
- Sophisticated analytical and quantitative abilities (e.g., able to collect and use data to make decisions, including ability to use tools such as Excel)
- Strong judgment and ability to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent collaboration, facilitation, influencing, and organizational skills, with the ability to work proactively to obtain information and develop the consensus needed to make decision
- Strong attention to detail combined with ability to develop big-picture goals
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with professionals and staff at all levels
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously without frequent prompting
- Able to work under tight deadlines and maintain poise under pressure
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The ideal candidate will have a J.D. and at least 1+ years of experience in a recruiting/talent management role in a law firm or other professional services environment. Candidates without a J.D. will also be considered if they have an undergraduate degree and at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a professional services firm or university career services office
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.