Website King & Spalding LLP
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Recruiting Coordinator to join the New York office. This role offers the opportunity for motivated individuals to join an innovative and collaborate environment focused on supporting best practices and developing solutions to improve processes and procedures.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
This person, working with others, will coordinate recruiting programs for associates, including summer associates, first years, and lateral associates and will participate in firm-wide recruiting initiatives.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
Summer Associate Program
- Communicate with incoming summers regarding start date, moving, housing.
- Conduct orientation for the summer associates.
- Arrange and execute summer social events.
- Manage summer mentoring program.
- Prepare evaluation materials for summer associate reviews.
- Track work assignments, evaluation of same, and provide data to all relevant parties.
- Coordinate OCI process from start to finish, including resume selection, OCI schedules, callback meetings, callback days, extending offers, and tracking our callback, offer and accept rates.
Fall Recruiting / On-Campus Interview Program
- Prepare registration materials for on-campus interviewing at law schools. Coordinate OCI dates across offices. Make all necessary arrangements at law schools for on-campus interviewing.
- Coordinate OCI process from start to finish, including resume selection, OCI schedules, callback meetings, callback days, extending offers, and tracking callback, offer and accept rates.
- Prepare evaluation summaries of recruits during fall recruiting season.
- Design and arrange for on-campus events throughout the year as appropriate.
- Provide top-notch recruiting experience from start to finish, from initial touchpoint to offer acceptance and onboarding.
- Review candidate resumes, coordinate interview schedules, and assess interview evaluations.
- Produce appropriate correspondence and maintain accurate records.
- Source lateral candidates through various methods including associate referrals and recruiters.
- Respond to inquiries from candidates and search firms regarding open positions.
- Manage the maintenance of the recruiting database (LawCruit).
- Design and schedule orientation meetings for new lateral attorneys.
- Coordinate introductions for new attorneys.
- Assist in the preparation and management of budget categories that are directly relevant to the summer and fall recruiting programs.
- Analyze information regarding summer and fall recruiting data.
Successful candidates are detail oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, high volume environment. BA/BS degree required. JD preferred but not required. At least 2 years of experience in legal or professional services recruitment or placement preferred.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.