Website Proskauer Rose
Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer Rose LLP is seeking a Manager of Lateral Recruiting in our New York Office to manage its firmwide lateral recruiting efforts. The Manager will work closely with the Legal Recruiting Officer who oversees the Firm’s lateral associate strategic hiring initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Review hiring needs with Partners, Department heads, and Practice Group leaders to ensure progression towards Firm strategic hiring goals are met.
· Strategize innovative ways to search for, recruit and hire top-talent.
· Manage and build relationships with search firms to create a robust candidate pipeline and promote the Firm’s talent brand.
· Prepare and analyze lateral recruiting statistical information and legal market trends.
· Oversee all drafting of position descriptions and sourcing of candidates.
· Screen resumes, and track candidate and interview feedback.
· Manage callback interview process, including but not limited to scheduling, greeting and communicating with candidates. Facilitate decision making process and follow-up, including offer letters and all procedures required before the start of a new attorney.
· Gather all necessary pre-hire information from candidates, and initiate any pre-hire assessments such as background checks.
· Work in partnership with Human Resources, Professional Resources, and various internal departments to ensure smooth onboarding of partners.
· Participate in the coordination of the firm’s Summer Associate Program as needed.
· Attend Hiring Committee meetings and assist with general OCI recruitment processes as needed.
· Collaborate with legal recruiting staff in other offices to develop and promote firmwide recruiting efforts.
· Manage junior members of recruiting staff.
· Special projects as assigned.
· JD required, with a minimum of 5 years of previous law firm experience, with legal recruiting experience preferred.
· Experience in search firms a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships.
· Flexibility in responding quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
· An understanding of legal industry trends and recruitment best practices and ability to think strategically.
· Attention to detail and ability to follow up and follow through.
· Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties; and ability to work independently, under the direction of others.
· Ability to recognize confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of such information.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Capability of working flexible hours as needed and accommodate some required travel.