Website Gibson Dunn
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, an international law firm with over 1,300 attorneys and 20 offices worldwide, seeks a bright, articulate, self-starting professional to join our Professional Development department.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Professional Development team.
- Support global and local programs by developing a solid understanding of departmental objectives and working as a contributing member of the team.
- Schedule and coordinate all Continuing Legal Education (CLE) activities in the New York office including in-house functions, firm webcasts, and third-party training opportunities. Maintain the firm’s state CLE accreditation and lawyers’ compliance with state requirements.
- Maintain and track department budgets, invoice processing and assist in accounting as needed. Input global team-related reimbursement requests into firm accounting software.
- Schedule and coordinate all orientations for incoming New York and D.C. associates.
- Support New York and D.C. Associates Committees and mentor programs.
- Work with large volumes of information to help the department identify trends in associate development and morale. Create reports on such topics as required.
- Help plan and provide on-site support at various events throughout the year, including some evening events.
- Maintain Online Classroom by reviewing training videos for quality, posting training videos and materials, monitoring usage, and ensuring all content is current.
- Research and maintain department libraries and databases with the latest information and resources.
- Professional demeanor and excellent oral and written communication skills paired with a service-oriented attitude.
- Strong organization skills with a focus on attention to detail, problem solving and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a fast-paced environment. Candidate should enjoy being an integral part of a team and working with a bi-coastal team, as well as have the ability to balance and prioritize tasks for multiple managers.
- Ability to proactively communicate regarding workload and balance.
- Understanding of law firm dynamics and organization or the ability to quickly learn the nuances of a professional services business.
- Integrity to handle sensitive and confidential information with care.
Four-year college degree required. Experience in a law firm or professional services environment and/or in an administrative assistant role preferred. Familiarity with New York State MCLE rules and requirements is a plus. Strong skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Must meet minimum testing requirements.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.