Website Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison
Paul, Weiss is one of the world's leading law firms and a great place to build your career.
More than 900 lawyers serve clients in virtually every area of the law and every region of the world, providing each client with an unsurpassed level of legal expertise. While we are counsel to some of the largest publicly and privately held corporations and financial institutions in the United States and throughout the world, we also represent numerous start-up companies, foreign governments, private equity firms and entrepreneurs.
Under the direction of the Senior Legal Personnel Manager – Capital Markets & Finance, the Legal Personnel Manager will support the Capital Markets & Finance practice group leaders and the administration of the Capital Markets & Finance practice groups, including assistance with associate staffing and professional development.
- Work alongside the Senior Legal Personnel Manager to provide support to the partners with regard to associate needs, including staffing and utilization, ongoing monitoring and analysis of workloads and tracking skills and experience to make recommendations on staffing requests.
- Assist in coordinating the annual evaluation process for associates and counsel; solicit and compile interim feedback.
- Serve as a resource for the Capital Markets & Finance associates in connection with assignments, interpersonal issues, and career planning.
- Assist with planning and coordinating Capital Markets & Finance group events.
- Strategize with the Senior Legal Personnel Manager to develop and implement new Capital Markets & Finance group initiatives.
- Meet regularly with associates to assess morale, identify training issues, answer questions and address concerns.
- Assist with coordination and tracking of associate and counsel vacation schedules and related coverage.
- Assist with the lateral associate onboarding process, including assigning mentors.
- Meet with lateral hires when they join the firm; check-in with new laterals periodically to ensure they are transitioning successfully.
- Coordinate associate and counsel off-boarding logistics with other members of the legal personnel team.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 5-7 years of professional service experience, with a minimum of 2 years of law firm experience; experience in practice group or talent management in large law firm preferred.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff throughout the Firm.
- Highly organized and self-directed approach to work with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with intense client service orientation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If qualified and interested please apply through the Paul, Weiss careers page: