Website Morgan Lewis
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with more than 4,000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking an Attorney Recruiting Assistant reporting to the Attorney Recruiting Manager. This position will reside in the New York office and provide administrative support to the attorney recruiting function in New York. The Attorney Recruiting Assistant will assist with the organization and planning of the summer associate program, law school outreach, on campus recruiting, lateral associate recruiting and orientation, and will support the Attorney Recruiting Manager in all aspects of daily tasks.
A hybrid work opportunity is available for this position.
- Maintain applicant-tracking system for lateral candidates.
Process candidate materials, schedule lateral interviews, and collect interviewer evaluations.
Coordinate lateral new hire onboarding and orientation.
Maintain team calendar and send meeting invitations in a timely manner.
Law School Recruiting
Summer Associate Program
- Assist Manager with coordination of the summer program, including meeting invitations, tracking attendance, and preparing social events.
- Coordinate logistics for social events, including tracking RSVP attendance, confirming venues, and day of event coordination.
- Assist with work assignment process, collecting evaluation forms and other tasks as needed.
- Help assemble mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluation packets for Recruiting Committee.
- Attend summer associate events as appropriate.
- Respond to general questions from summer associates and attorneys about summer programs.
- Additional summer program tasks given by the Manager.
- Assist with on-campus registration.
- Assist in preparation of on-campus materials.
- Assist with the coordination of law school recruiting events.
- Schedule callback interviews and conduct meet and greets with candidates.
- Prepare and distribute interview schedules.
- Compile weekly Recruiting Committee materials.
- Collect interview evaluations and prepare summary.
- Prepare candidate interview materials and super day logistics.
- Send correspondence to applicants with status update.
- Assist with updating and maintaining various recruiting materials/forms.
Process expense reimbursements and invoices for lateral and law school recruiting.
Book conference rooms for interviews, hiring committee meetings and programs, as needed.
Assist with general administration duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of one year of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient technical skills, including MS World, Powerpoint, and Excel. ViRecruit experience is a plus.
- Independent, self-starting, and self-motivated.
- Superior written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team environment are a must.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines, adapt to changing priorities, and balance multiple tasks while operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Outstanding judgment and a strong service orientation.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Must be flexible in working overtime during the summer and fall season.
Qualified candidates can apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. Morgan Lewis will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
Professional Staff positions: Please call 888.534.5003 or email email@example.com
Lawyer/Summer Associate positions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.