The Legal Recruiting Specialist will work under the supervision of the Director of Partner Recruiting to support the recruitment of members (partners) firm wide. The position is part of the firm’s Legal Recruiting Department and therefore will be involved in firm wide legal recruiting activities and initiatives to support attorneys throughout the firm.
Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at Mintz. Therefore, the firm encourages working from the office approximately 60% of the time in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
Absent an exemption required by law, each Mintz employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This position can be located in New York or Washington, D.C.
Operational responsibility for firm-wide member recruiting process:
- Creatively source candidates using a variety of methods including search firms, internal referrals and leads, research of targets and prospects.
- Communicate with search firms about strategic hiring needs and about candidates in the pipeline.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with search firms in all geographies.
- Screen resumes and introductory materials.
- Obtain additional information, as needed and present candidate introductions to section and office.
- Oversee scheduling interviews, coordination of candidate travel, preparation of interviewer and interviewee information packages, and collection of post-interview feedback, delegating tasks to Legal Recruiting Coordinators, as appropriate.
- Communicate with key stakeholders about candidate status and feedback, making recommendations about the candidate’s strategic fit and how to proceed in the recruiting process.
- In collaboration with the Legal Recruiting Manager, responsible for seeing background checks, reference checks and other due diligence through to completion.
- Ensure that recruiting databases, reports and statistics are regularly and accurately maintained.
- Regularly manage passive candidate lists and tracking (outreach, hold, proactive ID, market moves).
- Assist with on boarding and integration of new members, as requested.
- Ensure that we have valid, signed fee agreements in place with search firms, monitor expiration dates and oversee regular renewal of agreements, identify any potential issues with search firms adhering to terms of agreement and alert Director of Partner Recruiting.
- Provide regular updates and reports to Director of Partner Recruiting, Chief Legal Recruiting and Integration Officer, office managing members, section managers and division heads, as well as other members involved in the recruiting process.
- Work with Director of Legal Recruiting and Legal Recruiting Manager on special projects (including, for example, market research of law firms, practice areas and individual lawyers which align with our Recruiting Strategic Plan.)
- Work with Division and Section heads and Office Managing members to support proactive candidate outreach and directed searches.
- Mentor and train Legal Recruiting Coordinators in accordance with our strategic goals.
- Monitor trends in the market (including, specifically, lateral movement activity across markets and trends among peer law firms) and in legal recruitment to make informed recommendations to improve and enhance practices so that the firm remains competitive in the marketplace.
- Actively participate in legal recruiting and general networking opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional recruiting experience required.
- Legal recruiting experience preferred.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Creative problem solving skills, reasoning ability and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Must be self-motivated to produce quality work.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.