Website Mayer Brown, LLP
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Attorney Development and Recruitment department in New York as a Attorney Development and Recruitment Coordinator.If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Attorney Development and Recruitment department in New York as a Attorney Development and Recruitment Coordinator.
- Plan and coordinate law student recruitment including registration and execution of on-campus interviews, hospitality suites and events; preparation of materials; candidate communication, scheduling in-office interviews, identification of interviewers, and active management of offer process.
- Coordinate, attend and participate in Hiring Committee meetings for all student recruitment and summer program discussions regarding call-back selections and offer decisions, recruitment strategies, diversity objectives, etc.
- For the Summer Associate program for law students, plan and coordinate orientation and onboarding process, social and training events, work assignment tracking, performance evaluations, mentor program, program expenses; attend events; monitor Summer Associate overall experience.
- Coordinate experienced lawyer recruitment and onboarding process.
- Engage with all candidates and help to ensure a positive recruitment experience.
- Collaborate with Women’s and Diversity Committees to implement programs to attract diverse candidates and support the retention and development of women and diverse lawyers.
- Develop strong relationships with Career Services professionals, search firm representatives and Firm lawyers and business services professionals.
- Track all candidates in applicant tracking database.
- Coordinate in-house training program events, assist with review of programs for NY Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits; manage NY CLE credit tracking and reporting.
- Support Attorney Development & Recruitment department as needed with recruitment, training, and human resources matters.
- Knowledge of software tools such as PeopleSoft, CE Manager, LawCruit a plus; experience with similar database tools for applicant tracking, continuing education tracking, HR information a plus; proficiency with MS Office Suite applications including Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, prioritize work and meet deadlines, strong service orientation, attention to detail and accuracy; high degree of professionalism; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree; Two years of related experience in a law firm or professional services firm; recruiting and event planning experience a plus; law firm experience a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth.
If Mayer Brown sounds like the right place for you, and if you have the qualifications we are seeking, please apply through the career section on www.mayerbrown.com EOE m/f/d/v.
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm minimum of 2 years of experience.