Website Ropes & Gray LLP
Manage Entry Level Recruitment and Campus Outreach programs for the Boston office, including the efficient and effective management of all aspects of activities related to the recruiting and hiring of entry level lawyers, the summer associate program and partnering with law schools. The Manager of Legal Recruiting reports directly to the Director of Entry Level Recruiting and works closely with the firm-wide hiring partner, as well as the Boston office hiring partners. The role requires a focus on people-management, continuous process improvement and the ability to engage in close collaboration with attorneys and other administrative departments both inside and outside of Attorney Talent.
- Manage Legal Recruiting team in Boston effectively to emphasize high performance, continuous improvement and collaboration with other departments outside of Attorney Talent and external partners. Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities. Provide effective feedback on a regular basis in addition to managing the annual performance reviews.
- Work closely with the Legal Recruiting Managers in other geographical regions to coordinate and synchronize cohesive approach on all initiatives.
- Oversee the management of the firm’s campus outreach, entry level recruiting, and summer associate program, including orientation, social events, trainings, surveys, and evaluations. Work closely with other attorneys and team members to ensure program initiatives are carried out successfully and on budget.
- Manage law school relationships for various schools, as well as others as requested.
- Help with creating and executing marketing strategy of recruiting efforts to clients, both internal and external.
- Benchmark, formulate, administer and maintain recruiting policies, operational procedures and practices consistent with the goals and objectives of the firm, including meeting firm’s diversity hiring goals.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among staff; lead team to meet the firm’s expectations for productivity, quality and goal accomplishment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Chief of Attorney Talent.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7+ years of demonstrated recruiting experience in the legal or professional services industry.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Ability to manage and develop direct reports.
- Strategic and creative thinking skills.
- Relationship-building skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Basic HR employment knowledge, including immigration laws; Strong understanding of firm employment terms, benefits, policies.
Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the highest-quality advice on our clients’ critical legal and business issues. Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals. These colleagues work together across a global office network that includes offices in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
We have consistently been recognized for our leading practices in many areas, including private equity, M&A, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.