Website Nixon Peabody LLP
This highly-visible firm-wide position is responsible for managing the full-cycle recruiting process for lateral partner and counsel candidates. Works collaboratively with team members to ensures consistency across offices and delivers high-quality service. Uses judgment to assess candidate qualifications and makes recommendations in support of NP’s strategic recruiting goals.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work with lateral partner and counsel recruiting team, as well as firm leadership, to lead department initiatives and implement strategic recruiting goals.
- Manage proactive lateral partner searches, including but not limited to:
- Using a variety of search methods (search firms, internal referrals, online research tools), creatively source candidates to target for proactive outreach.
- Review resumes and conduct initial screenings with candidates or referral source/search firm to determine whether candidates meet hiring criteria and should be advanced to firm leadership.
- Schedule interviews, collect feedback and manage travel arrangements. Serve as main point of contact with candidates and referral source/search firm to lead them through recruiting process in a timely manner.
- Serve as in-person contact for local lateral candidates, monitor interview schedules and act as firm ambassador.
- Manage offer approval process, work with firm leadership to determine offer terms, prepare offer materials and other related items.
- Manage complete due diligence process and background materials; follow up as appropriate on data collected.
- Manage conflicts clearance process by reviewing hiring questionnaire, submitting with conflicts team to run check, identifying and elevating potential issues, reporting results to sponsoring partners and candidates and managing any needed recommendations re: same.
- Manage background check clearance by reviewing completed report, identifying, elevating and resolving potential issues, reporting results to necessary parties and managing any needed recommendations re: same.
- Manage onboarding and integration processes for lateral partners and counsel hired.
- Manage search firm relationships and determine which best to utilize for recruiting efforts. Build and maintain those relationships to maximize firm position and negotiate agreement terms, as relevant.
- Update legal recruiting database and candidate files on a continuous basis.
- Ensure appropriate correspondence is produced and records are maintained.
- Manage competitive intelligence research projects.
- Co-manage lateral recruiting assistant and provide back-up support for team members.
- Serve as lateral partner and counsel liaison to the Director of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Manage monthly budget reports and maintain cost control measures.
- Stay abreast of changes in the industry and share competitive market intelligence such as hiring data and potential opportunities that could contribute to the firm’s growth.
- Respond to inquiries outside of standard business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of recruiting experience in a law firm, particularly related to lateral partner recruiting, with 3+ years of management experience in a recruiting position required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities and competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Excellent judgment, discretion and personal integrity.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and document management systems.
- Prior experience with electronic applicant tracking systems, such as LawCruit and/or viRecruit, strongly preferred.
- Client-driven team player with strong client service skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team interacting with all levels of firm personnel.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the highest regard for confidentiality.
- Self-starter with ability to remain self-directed and self-motivated with minimal supervision strongly preferred.
- Must be extremely responsive to both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply training to practical issues.
Nixon Peabody is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Disability/Female/Gender Identity/Minority/Sexual Orientation/Veteran. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.