Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,200-plus lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
As the Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager (“Manager”), you will play a critical role in the lateral partner growth for the CA offices. Guided by the firm’s goals, growth objectives and strategic plans, the Manager orchestrates the full process of lateral partner recruiting and hiring.
- Conduct market research to proactively target candidates and build a pipeline.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with legal search firms; engage recruiters in the identification, evaluation, and acquisition of lateral partner candidates.
- Support the full life-cycle of the partner recruitment process including: recommendation of appropriate resourcing strategies, drafting strategic search plans, scheduling candidate interviews, preparation and circulation of business case materials, collation of interview feedback, and preparing the final presentation for the Executive Committee and the New Partner Committee.
- Manage the internal recruitment database and various reporting.
- Monitor current market trends. Implement new methodologies, programs, and practices that support the firm’s hiring objectives and are consistent with firm culture, particularly around diversity efforts.
- Actively serve as a champion and key external representative for the firm; participate in recruiting and legal networking opportunities, including speaking and authoring articles for industry events and publications.
- Participate in building and fostering a culture that is team and one-firm-oriented, collegial, and committed to professional excellence.
- Assist with other projects and initiatives as identified by the Managing Director.
- BA, BS or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of recruiting experience, preferably with major law firms, along with experience and interest in partner recruiting.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of the senior executive (partner-equivalent) recruitment process, including identification of needs, strategy development, management of search firms, candidate evaluation and assessment, offer negotiation, and onboarding.An unquestioned work ethic.
- Record of success in leading innovation and continuous improvement in practices and processes.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership experience within a growing, client-focused environment and proven ability to develop comprehensive short-term and long-term operational plans from broadly stated business objectives.
- Superior presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- A consultative, collaborative, and client service-oriented approach.
- Highly motivated; a self-starter who is able to juggle multiple projects.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excels and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Diligent and proactive.
- Strong sense of integrity, commitment, passion and sense of humor.
- Superior interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively, professionally, courteously and confidently with candidates, partners, headhunters and all levels of firm personnel and staff.
- Sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills; logical and critical thinker.
- Ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
Consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Please apply here.