Website Lowenstein Sandler
The Director of Legal Talent Acquisition leads the implementation for the firm's legal recruiting strategy, from summer associates through lateral partners. The Director will work with firm leadership to determine the strategic direction and objectives of the firm’s legal recruiting efforts, support the firm's growth while maintaining and improving its culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• In conjunction with firm leadership and the HR recruiting team, lead, plan and manage the firm’s full-cycle recruiting efforts targeted at law students, judicial clerks, government lawyers, lateral associates and lateral partners, utilizing traditional and innovative sources to create a pipeline of qualified candidates at each level.
• Supervise day-to-day operation of legal recruiting staff. Oversee and coordinate legal recruiting activities in all offices. Oversee the budgeting process for all recruiting functions at the firm.
• Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the firm's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
• Participate in organizational strategic planning and recruiting policy development in alignment with the firm's strategic plan.
• Ensure compliance with legal and ethical rules and standards in recruiting processes.
• Work collaboratively with the HR Management team to provide a cohesive recruiting and onboarding experience for all new hires and appropriate training for interviewers.
• Develop effective relationships within the firm and the legal recruitment community to have positive influence and impact on the firm's recruiting program.
• Develop and maintain marketing materials and other collateral content for recruiting endeavors.
• Along with practice group leadership, collaborate with firm management and key internal stakeholders to assist them in understanding the current and future workforce planning requirements and strategies.
• Follow-up with department and practice group leaders to ensure proper matching has occurred throughout and after the onboarding process.
• Maintain a standardized reporting system that evaluates the success of current recruitment strategies and leads to identification for solutions in the interest of constant improvement for the department and the quality of talent brought into the firm.
• Examine hiring trends to anticipate the firm's response to labor market changes.
• Keep abreast of changing trends in legal recruiting.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters, J.D. or HR certification a plus.
• 10+ years of experience in all aspects of legal recruiting for AmLaw 200 law firms in the New York market or nationally. Additional recruiting experience, particularly within law firms and other professional services firms, as well as with agencies, law school placement offices and entry level and lateral associate and partner recruiting, a plus.
• Demonstrated success and experience in managing by relationship and results; proven ability to be a positive member of a management team.
• Experience in developing or executing workforce planning and analyses that identify future recruiting needs and provide valuable management reporting.
• Possess an executive presence: the ability to deal with senior level executives, including law firm partners and senior lateral candidates and recruiters.
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to assimilate large amounts of data and analyze trends that can drive strategic initiatives.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to efficiently communicate with senior management.
• Ability to organize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience mentoring and guiding the professional development of staff members.
• Self-starter who can operate independently, and as a part of a team, to develop and/or execute recruitment strategies.
Office Location: New York or Roseland, NJ
Amount of Travel Required: Periodically to other offices
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should forward a current resume to Colleen Boyle at email@example.com.