Website Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
The Legal Talent Specialist will engage with and serve as a resource to new legal hires, as well as current associates, handling all aspects of the associate onboarding process for New York and London. In addition to regular engagement with attorneys, responsibilities will include reviewing background checks, transcripts and expenses. The role will require a comprehensive understanding of Firm policies and procedures, strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Assists in handling all onboarding processes for new hires;
- Maintains and distributes information via New York and London onboarding portals (iCIMS);
- Maintains the Associate Recruiting onboarding platform and ensures annual updates are implemented as needed;
- Develops and maintains proficiency in Firm policies and procedures as they relate to lawyers;
- Assists with coordination of new hire orientations in New York and London including liaising with relevant departments – Learning & Development, Information Technology, Conference Center, etc., preparing draft schedules, calendaring presentations and monitoring necessary tracking charts;
- Assists with submitting incoming associate expenses, including the processing of tax deductions for bar review courses and relocation alongside team members;
- Assists with the monthly review of the Legal Personnel budget to ensure accuracy and compliance with year-end estimates, as well as the preparation of analysis for year-end budget meetings;
- Assist with the preparation of various external surveys and related Firm publications;
- Assists with various inquiries and requests from Managing Partner, the Director and Associate Director, and other managers within the Legal Personnel department; and
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 2+ years of Legal Personnel experience or applicable experience in a service industry firm;
- Must have the ability to work and interact with attorneys at all levels and the ability to gain strong knowledge of the Firm, its culture, practices and policies;
- Excellent organization and communication skills, in addition to superior judgment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other legal personnel databases (including PeopleSoft) and demonstrates the ability to learn, use and drive developments of various homegrown legal talent and recruiting applications;
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate several activities at one time;
- Capable of solving problems and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to deal discreetly with confidential information; and
- Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
This position is located in our New York office. We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision care, 401(k) and substantial health club discounts.
To apply for this position, please visit: Legal Talent Specialist in New York, New York | Careers at New York City (icims.com).