Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray LLP is a preeminent global law firm focused on providing the highest-quality advice on our clients’ critical legal and business issues. Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals. These colleagues work together across a global office network that includes offices in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
We are a contemporary firm that can bring more than 150 years of legal and institutional history to bear on the challenges clients face in today’s 24/7 global business environment. Our collaborative approach gives our clients—which include many of the world’s most respected companies and institutions—ready access to leading corporate, litigation, transactional and regulatory lawyers whose knowledge and experience span industries and geographies.
With an international presence, we focus on a number of key industries, including private equity; asset management; life sciences and health care; investment banking; technology, media and telecommunications; and consumer and retail. Our clients include global industry leaders, financial institutions, investment firms, private equity firms, hospitals and health care organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.
We have consistently been recognized for our leading practices in many areas, including private equity, M&A, finance, asset management, real estate, tax, antitrust, life sciences, health care, intellectual property, litigation & enforcement, privacy & cybersecurity, and business restructuring.
Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
The Legal Recruiting Coordinator, working closely with Legal Recruiting department leadership, is responsible for coordinating activities related to the recruiting and hiring of lawyers (entry level, lateral and non-partner track attorneys) for the firm.
- Develop relationships with law school career services officials and staff, student leaders and organizations.
- Identify opportunities on campus and in the community to engage and attract law students, while promoting the firm’s brand and attracting top entry level talent. Organize law school outreach initiatives, including planning and attending recruiting events designed to market the firm and engage candidates.
- Plan and execute the summer program, including integrating summer associates into the firm, organizing and attending social events, coordinating work assignments, managing mid- and end-of-summer evaluations and serving as general point of contact for summer associates.
- Manage the on-campus recruiting process at assigned schools, including reviewing candidate materials prior to interview days, prepping on-campus interviewers to meet with candidates, hosting hospitality suites and candidate receptions, and preparing candidate materials for de-brief meetings.
- Coordinate the callback interview process by scheduling callback interviews, tracking and following-up with attorneys for interview feedback, organizing agenda materials for local office hiring partner meetings, updating applicant tracking system and coordinating appropriate communication to candidates regarding their employment status.
- Coordinate individual post-offer recruiting plans by continuously updating attorneys involved in interviewing on the status of their candidates, facilitating attorney outreach to offerees, scheduling follow-up meetings with offerees and attorneys, and organizing post-offer dinners and receptions.
- In conjunction with the Legal Recruiting Managers, coordinate lateral associate, career attorney and technical advisor recruiting initiatives including organizing interview schedules, collecting and synthesizing interviewer’s feedback, generating offer letters, submitting conflict and background checks paperwork, and assisting with onboarding.
- Assist with the administration of annual survey requests, including Vault and AmLaw.
- Generate recruiting reports and statistics using the legal recruiting applicant tracking system (LawCruit),
- Stay current of evolving developments in legal recruiting field, in part by representing the firm through membership at local legal recruiting organization and conducting market research with peer firm representatives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Legal Recruiting Managers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Three to five years of professional experience preferred, especially recruiting experience at a mid-sized or large law firm, or in another professional services industry
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with database programs (e.g., LawCruit, Symplicity); advanced social media (LinkedIn etc.) and web-based programs skills are highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of such information.
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as within a team
- Highly-motivated with strong initiative skills.
- Flexibility in responding quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Must be team-oriented and share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
- Ability to consult with attorneys and staff across all levels of seniority to conduct searches to determine best approach to fulfilling staffing needs, re-evaluate as necessary.
- Must be innovative and proactive in marketing the firm to various candidate constituencies.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively.
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Proactive in learning and adapting to new systems and processes.
- Ability to perform under stressful conditions in a thoughtful, organized, and professional manner.
- Continually looks to streamline recruitment processes for greatest efficiency.
This is an exempt position. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Some travel may be required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.