Website Vedder Price
Vedder Price is seeking two Legal Recruiting Coordinators - one in Chicago and one in New York. The Legal Recruiting Coordinator will work closely with the Legal Recruiting Managers on implementing the Firm’s attorney recruiting initiatives. This position involves a high level of interaction with the Firm’s attorneys, prospective attorney candidates, outside recruiters and law schools. Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple projects while handling competing demands.
As a Legal Recruiting Coordinator, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing the annual Summer Associate Program, including coordinating social event details
- Coordinate the on-campus interview process including, but not limited to, on-campus interview registration, preparation of interviewer binders and marketing materials, scheduling call-back interviews, soliciting interview evaluations, maintaining candidate files and generating reports; coordinate offer dinners and other candidate follow-up activities; set-up and attend all local on-campus interview events and hospitality suites
- Assist with all aspects of planning and executing the 1L hiring process; coordinate registration and all logistical details for diversity and law student recruitment events
- Coordinate lateral attorney interview schedules, make conference room arrangements, send calendar appointments, prepare schedules and greet candidates. Maintain the recruiting database with candidate data and interview schedules
- Coordinate posting lateral associate positions on Firm websites while recruiting through LinkedIn and other sources
- Maintain relationships with external recruiters and law school career services contacts
- Maintain lateral associate candidate files and recruitment reports. Manage interview evaluation collection and post offer diligence process
- Process expense reimbursement requests for attorney and law student candidates and other department expenses.
- Participate in internal meetings and calls with the Managers of Legal Recruiting. Actively contribute to attorney recruitment planning and strategy
- Perform special projects as needed
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters
Skills & Competencies:
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently within the scope of the position’s responsibilities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, candidates, clients, professional staff and outside contacts
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills including record keeping, data collection and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e-mail or verbally
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven, detail-oriented work environment with the ability to adapt to change in workflow
- Must be willing to work overtime, especially during peak recruitment season and attend all evening summer associate program events
- When required, ability for limited travel in connection with on-campus recruiting and law school outreach
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years law firm experience in a similar position preferred
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
- Strong Microsoft Office including, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of viDesktop and viRecruit a plus
- Familiarity with various social media platforms
Equal Employment Opportunity
Vedder Price P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (where applicant is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations), medical condition, protected veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-verify.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact the Vedder Price Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.