Website Debevoise & Plimpton
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. Our clients look to us to bring a distinctively high degree of quality, intensity and creativity to resolve legal challenges effectively and cost efficiently. We believe in hiring talented and dedicated individuals as members of our administrative community. We draw on the strength of our culture and structure to deliver the best of our firm to our lawyers and clients through true collaboration. The firm is seeking a full-time Legal Recruiting Coordinator to join our Legal Recruiting Department. This position reports to the Director of Legal Recruiting.
- Coordinate with partners to schedule interviews.
- Coordinate summer associate work assignments.
- Communicate with summer associates to update status and interests; counsel
summer associates on workload and other issues.
- Arrange recruiting events (such as 1L events, offer events and summer events) in the office, at various law schools and other venues.
- Coordinate panels and firm-related events throughout the year.
- Provide analysis and knowledge of recruiting market and trends.
- Serve as back up for associate interview scheduling.
- Provide back up support for summer associate evaluations collection.
- Oversee work product of 1 Recruiting Assistant and 1 Seasonal Temporary Employee.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in legal recruiting within a large law
firm or related field.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be extremely organized and possess excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees through the
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, more specifically Excel.
- Experience with setting up interview schedules.
- Experience with coordinating legal work assignments/ staffing and evaluations.
- Experience with recruiting and summer events.
- Knowledge of ViRecruit.
A resume and cover letter are required to apply for this position. Please tell us where you saw this position posted. Send required materials to:
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
919 Third Avenue, 28th Floor
New York, NY 10022
212.909.6033 (fax) 212.909.7388 (TTY only)
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin or any other legally protected category in accordance with U.S. law. Applicants seeking an accommodation please see “Request an Accommodation” under Additional Information on the Working Here> Administrative Staff Positions section at www.debevoise.com