Website Gunderson Dettmer
Gunderson Dettmer is the only business law firm of its kind – exclusively serving the global venture capital and emerging technology marketplace. With more than 270 attorneys in nine offices – from Silicon Valley to Singapore – we innovate for innovators, accelerate entrepreneurship, and help build companies at every stage of the growth lifecycle. We are committed to being the employer of choice by working together to create an environment, in which each of our people can grow, take initiative, and develop a fun, fulfilling and financially rewarding career.
Our New York office has an opening for a Legal Recruiting Coordinator to support the Legal Recruiting Manager and other members of the team in all efforts relating to legal recruiting. The Legal Recruiting Coordinator will coordinate various aspects of the attorney hiring process and related initiatives. Remote work will be required until the New York office reopens. This position is based in the New York office, but will support multiple offices.
- Assist Legal Recruiting Manager in the attorney candidate life cycle, including but not limited to: data entry and maintenance, strategic sourcing via internal referrals and targeted searches, maintenance of search firm relationships, screen resumes and deal sheets, interview scheduling, candidate and recruiter correspondence, candidate due diligence, offer letter preparation and candidate follow-up;
- Provide support for entry level recruitment, including but not limited to: partnering with law school career services offices and student organizations, event planning and support, on campus interview registration, interview coordination, Hiring Committee support and offer processes;
- Coordinate Summer Associate Programs, including but not limited to: pre-onboarding communication, planning and execution of orientation, trainings and events, work assignment process, and evaluation collection;
- Participate in additional recruiting and attorney talent projects, as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of prior legal recruiting experience in a law firm.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Superior written, organizational and communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Use of good judgment and discretion
- Ability to work across multiple offices and to occasionally be available to do overtime, as needed
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) are required. Experience with LawCruit is a plus.
- BS/BA degree.
- Full Time, Non-Exempt.
- In addition to offering competitive salaries, we also offer an excellent benefit package, which includes full medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; Flexible Spending Account and Paid Time Off.
- Gunderson Dettmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.