Website Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
As a member of the Firmwide (FW) Legal Recruiting & Development Department (LRD), the Legal Professional Development Coordinator for New York will focus on initiatives and programs related to the development, integration, morale, retention and advancement of attorneys.
The Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the Associate Review and Associates Committee practice-driven leadership initiatives, while gaining exposure across the Firm through continuing professional development efforts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Support all facets of the Associate Review process including: collating feedback and creating materials regarding associate performance, office hours and compensation factors.
- Maintain ongoing feedback record of associates and coordinate mid-year feedback meetings.
- Support Associates Committee in practice-driven leadership initiatives to improve the practice experience and encourage proactive engagement with the Firm.
- Plan Mentorship Program including matching mentorship pairs, creating a programming calendar and monitoring accountability of mentorship pairs.
- Provide content for practice group department meetings including regular partner meetings.
- Facilitate integration of new attorneys including coordination of annual New Associate Orientation and regular monthly onboarding initiatives.
- Coordinate regular morale events.
- Plan content for and execute Parenting Link and Kirkland Associate Speaker Series programs.
- Collaborate with Legal Recruiting Team on Summer Associate Program.
- Track departmental budget and maintain close records of department spending.
- Update Legal Professional Development SharePoint sites as necessary.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary. Delete if not applicable.)
- Mentor and delegate to department assistant.
- Additional functional duties that relate to Legal Recruiting, Education & Development, as needed.
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- A minimum three (3-5) years of experience working in Law Firm Attorney Training or Development preferred. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Individual must possess excellent oral and written communication skills; be a team player; demonstrate strong client service; have the utmost respect for confidentiality and attention to detail; work independently and proactively; have the ability to prioritize work and work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment. Individual must be flexible with work allocation and have the ability to work overtime.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Citrix, PeopleSoft, SharePoint.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.