Website Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
The Legal Personnel Assistant will assist with general legal personnel duties as well as administration of the Firm's diversity & inclusion, Partner mentor and associate advisor programs.
- Handling general administrative tasks such as file maintenance and answering phones;
- Assisting entire team with logistical aspects of cyclical tasks, projects and programs;
- Reviewing and analyzing different sections of the Legal Personnel budget on a monthly basis;
- Processing relocation and miscellaneous invoices;
- Assist with coordinating the associate departure process and updating departure policies and processes, as needed;
- Reviewing and following up with departed associates regarding expense reports;
- Drafting various forms of written communication including offer/acceptance letters, immigration letters, employment verification letters as well as internal and external emails;
- Following up with associates on missing diaries;
- Assisting with new arrival onboarding: orientation, biographies, and schedules;
- Conducting tours for new and visiting associates;
- Assisting with recruiting efforts, as needed; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably 1+ years of applicable administrative work experience;
- Ability to work and interact with attorneys at all levels;
- Ability to gain strong knowledge of the Firm, its culture, practices and policies;
- Ability to deal discreetly with confidential information;
- Excellent writing and communication skills, in addition to superior judgment;
- Computer applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Lotus Notes and ability to learn other Legal Personnel and Recruiting applications built specifically for the Firm;
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate several activities at one time;
- Capable of solving problems and meeting deadlines; and
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
This position is located in our New York office. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k) and health club privileges.
Please apply here.