Website Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
The New York office is seeking a Lateral Recruiting Coordinator to support lateral recruiting efforts. As part of the Firmwide Legal Recruiting and Development Department, the Lateral Recruiting Coordinator will provide support and assistance with the lateral recruiting process with direction from the Senior Lateral Recruiting Manager.
- Coordinate the lateral attorney hiring process
- Communicate and work closely with attorneys within various practice areas regarding lateral needs
- Assist with communication with lateral candidates, headhunters and judicial clerks
- Assist with sourcing candidates and reviewing candidate materials
- Schedule interviews, including post-offer meetings
- Collect and distribute interview feedback
- Assist with providing routine updates to partners on lateral hiring progress
- Prepare offer letters
- Accurately track all candidates
- Prepare reports and analyze recruiting data and legal market trends
- Update internal and external job postings
- Coordinate judicial clerk outreach and receptions
- Prepare new-hire paperwork
- Coordinate new hire orientation and onboarding
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years recruiting experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment. A Bachelor’s degree is required. Flexibility to work overtime is a must.
The candidate must demonstrate sound judgment and the ability to work across all levels of management with various personality types; he or she must have strong attention to detail and be able to work independently and multi‑task in a fast‑paced, high-pressure environment. Strong client service and a professional demeanor along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise regarding lateral attorney recruitment activities;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to design short-term and long-term goals, with clear criteria to measure success and return on investment;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Ability to excel in a multi-authoritative environment;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- A proactive approach and the ability to work "hands-on" as required;
- High degree of comfort interacting with partners, coupled with a strong image and presence that engenders confidence from firm management and attorneys;
- Strong presentation skills combined with confidence and poise;
- A Bachelor’s degree combined with a minimum of two years of recruiting experience, preferably in a large law firm or other professional services environment;
- Proficiency in the use office software, including Microsoft Office. Experience with ViDesktop preferred.
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click here.