Website Crowell & Moring LLP
Founded with a commitment to build a different kind of law firm, Crowell & Moring LLP today is an international law firm representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and transactional matters. We are internationally recognized for our representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as our ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity. With nearly 550 lawyers based in seven offices in the United States and Europe, the firm helps international corporations and emerging enterprises navigate complex legal challenges and create business solutions across the globe.
The Lateral Partner Recruiting Coordinator works with and supports various committees, departments, practice groups and firm leaders in executing a strategic approach to the lateral partner recruiting process.
- Works with Manager to review initial candidate submissions and assists with drill downs on pertinent information with search firms.
- Works in conjunction with Manager to schedule lateral partner and senior counsel interview.
- Work with the Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager to review evaluations, LPQs, business plans, etc. to identify areas that require further due diligence oversees the partner process to ensure it is running efficiently and appropriate data is being captured, both internally and externally.
- Maintains charts and reports including applicant tracking and candidate information.
- Works directly with the Director, Lateral Partner Recruiting to execute practice group hiring strategies in collaboration with the Strategic Growth Committee and practice group leaders.
- Completes diligence projects to gather market intelligence and reports on global lateral hiring trends and statistics management.
- Develops and compiles reports and projections regarding hiring, integration and retention rates.
- Monitors conflicts, sanctions and research team actions to ensure appropriate due diligence is being conducted on each candidate at the appropriate time.
- Works closely with business management teams and practice group leaders to assist with the lateral partner integration process.
- Develops and maintains relationships with search firms and industry organizations.
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
The position requires a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were attained. Experience in a law firm environment in any professional capacity required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with legal and business environments.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS suite to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, and standard work documents. Advanced knowledge of Excel functions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, vendors, and the public.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy, as well as follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment that includes multiple locations, to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts regarding both routine and complex matters. Involves the use of considerable tact, discretion, and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the firm with honesty, integrity and professionalism, consistently acting in an ethical manner.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.