Website K&L Gates
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
We are seeking a Legal Recruiting Coordinator to join the Washington, DC office. The Coordinator will be part of a regional recruitment team responsible for all lawyer hiring and onboarding for three of the firm’s offices in Harrisburg, PA, Wilmington, DE, and Washington, DC, and will report to the Regional Recruitment Manager for this region. The Coordinator may provide additional support to other offices and/or regions as needed. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are required. We seek a highly motivated individual who desires to build their skill set and expand their exposure within the legal industry by working alongside lawyers and allied professionals in a variety of geographic markets.
• Student and Lateral Recruitment: Coordinate details for candidate interviews, including interviewer scheduling, feedback, candidate travel arrangements and expense reimbursements; collaborate with Recruiting Manager and firmwide team to develop and execute law school recruitment events and necessary follow-up; assist in producing all necessary correspondence related to recruiting efforts; assist with the preparation, coordination, and scheduling of on-campus and job fair interviews; process resumes received from candidates, placement firms, and referrals; post positions, collaborate closely with DE&I team to ensure recruitment efforts align with diversity goals; update and track data, maintain recruitment ATS and all recruitment and candidates files; maintain expenses and monitor budget
• Summer Associate Program: Coordinate events, including orientation, training programs, and social events; assist with tracking of summer associate assignments and evaluations; attend summer associate events as necessary; assist in producing necessary correspondence related to the program
• Talent Management: Coordinate pre-arrival and onboarding details for new lawyers, including, but not limited to, bar examination and review course fees, stipend and advance payments, orientation programs, and new hire paperwork; coordinate other programs related to the lateral associate integration and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• Working on ad hoc local and firmwide department projects and completing other operational or administrative duties as required
• Additional duties may be assigned
• Ideal candidate will have two to four years of experience in recruiting, talent management, or training and development, preferably in a law firm or other professional services industry
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have a professional demeanor and demonstrated ability to work well with lawyers, management, other administrators and support staff
• Must demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
• Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
• Must be able to work in a demanding, fast-paced, and service-oriented environment
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule that will require periodic overtime, especially during the summer months
• Must be highly proficient with utilizing technology, including MS Office Suite, PeopleSoft and/or other HRIS/applicant data tracking systems
klgates | Jobs and Careers (recsolu.com)