Website Kirkland & Ellis LLP
The Legal Recruiting and Development Department is seeking a Firmwide Diversity Recruiting Specialist to provide strategic support to the campus recruiting efforts across all of the Firm’s US offices. This position can be based in any of our Boston, Chicago or New York offices.
This position requires a high level of collaboration with attorneys and staff and the ability to work independently. This position requires the exercise of independent judgment.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess excellent proofing and communication (oral and written) skills; the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment; a very strong attention to detail; and a professional demeanor. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships among lawyers and staff to achieve results.
- Work with Associate Director of Legal Recruiting, Firmwide Diversity & Inclusion team (“D&I”), hiring partners and the recruiting committee to develop, implement and manage recruiting strategies and programs
- Coordinate, plan, and execute the Diversity Scholars Conference, the Firm’s pipeline recruiting initiative to identify strong diverse 1L talent, along with other events
- Manage the 2L Diversity Fellowship application process
- Coordinate with all offices to roll-out and monitor the 2L Diversity Fellowship initiative
- Coordinate with all offices to register for and manage diversity job fairs (i.e., the Lavender Law Career Fair)
- Involvement in the campus hiring process, including preparing, updating, and managing diversity statistics for the Firmwide recruiting team, and managing diverse offer correspondence and offer gifts from the D&I team and/or Inclusion Councils (including offer follow-up)
- Schedule and facilitation of regular meetings with Inclusion Councils to discuss Recruiting initiatives
- Plan and attend diversity offer dinners, pre-OCI receptions and other recruiting initiatives.
- Maintain communication with diverse law student organizations, both directly and through our ALLSA initiative
- Update and keep current attorney liaisons for each of the diverse student organizations at schools where the Firm recruits
- Ensure the regular maintenance of, and contribution to, various D&I pipeline --initiatives such as the SEO Internship Program, LCLD Scholars, and Afro Scholars for purposes of applicant tracking, including monitoring and preparing reports to track the success rates of each
- Involvement in diverse Summer Associate check-ins
- Develop, prepare and analyze relevant reports, projections, and statistical data as needed
- Collaborate with other Kirkland offices and departments to identify efficiencies and best practices
- Supervision of department coordinators and assistant
- Work closely with Legal Recruiting & Development and D&I teams to assist with ad hoc projects as needed
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- 8 years of experience, preferably in law firm or other professional services environment.
- The candidate must also demonstrate strong leadership, problem-solving, and strategic planning skills, and the ability to work across all levels of management with various personality types; build relationships, be proactive, stay organized, and multitask in a fast-paced, pressured environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, along with superior verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise regarding attorney recruitment activities;
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to design short-term and long-term goals, with clear criteria to measure success and return on investment;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- A proactive approach and the ability to work "hands-on";
- High degree of comfort interacting with attorneys at all levels;
- Strong presentation skills combined with confidence and poise;
- Proficiency in the use of office software, including Microsoft Office. Experience with ViDesktop preferred.
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click here.