Website Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
The Legal Recruiting Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Legal Recruiting and the Legal Recruiting Specialist on implementing the recruiting initiatives for the Firm’s New York, Charlotte and Washington, D.C. offices. The Legal Recruiting Coordinator must maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position. Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing the annual summer associate programs in the New York, Charlotte and Washington, D.C. offices; prepare orientation schedules and materials, prepare welcome packet communications and forms, coordinate social event details and educational program setup, facilitate social and training program invitations, send event reminders and track RSVPs, prepare materials for summer associate reviews, attend all New York summer associate social events. Occasional travel to the Charlotte and Washington, D.C. offices may be required.
- Assist with all aspects of the on-campus interview process for the Charlotte and New York offices; register for on-campus interviews, prepare interviewer binders and marketing materials, set-up and attend all local New York on-campus interview events and hospitality suites, schedule call-back interviews, solicit interview evaluations, maintain candidate files, generate reports, prepare packets for hiring committee meetings, send callback invitations and status updates to candidates, and coordinate offer dinners and candidate follow-up activities.
- Assist with all aspects of the 1L hiring process for the New York, Charlotte and Washington, D.C. offices.
- Coordinate registration and all logistical details for New York, Charlotte and Washington, D.C. offices’ diversity and law student recruitment events.
- Assist with lateral non-partner hiring for the New York, Charlotte and Washington, D.C. offices; maintain the recruiting database, ViRecruit, and complete the entry of all candidate data and interview schedules into database, assist in posting jobs on Katten.com and other job websites/sourcing avenues, maintain lateral associate candidate files and recruitment reports, assist with lateral interview scheduling, and greet candidates as needed.
- Assist with the New York, Charlotte and Washington, D.C. offices’ preparation of the NALP form and other recruiting related survey responses.
- Assist in preparing reports on various aspects of the legal market.
- Participate in internal meetings and calls within the Legal Recruiting Department. Actively contribute to Legal Recruiting planning and strategy.
- Perform special projects for the Director of Legal Recruiting and Legal Recruiting Specialist as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of attorney recruitment experience, in a large law firm or similar organization is required.
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime, especially during peak recruitment season and the summer associate program.
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel for formatting graphs, charts and other visual methods of presenting information. Knowledge of viDesktop/viRecruit, Symplicity, and Flo Recruit is beneficial as well.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, candidates, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and project management skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Dependable team player with high energy, creativity, and vision who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently within scope of the position’s responsibilities as a decision-maker and contributor on all levels.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator, scanner, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation and copies, or office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment is characteristic of a normal office environment with moderate exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, and requirements. This position description may be modified in the future as necessary.
Please apply on our website: https://Katten.com