Website Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Katten is a firm of first choice for clients seeking sophisticated, high-value legal services in the United States and abroad. Our nationally recognized practices include corporate, financial services, litigation, real estate, environmental, commercial finance, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, and trusts and estates. Our more than 650 attorneys serve public and private companies, including a third of the fortune 100, as well as a number of government and nonprofit organizations and individuals. We provide full-service legal advice from locations across the United States and in London and Shanghai.
The Attorney Recruiting Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Attorney Recruiting and the East Coast Attorney Recruiting Manager on implementing the recruiting initiatives of the Firm’s New York, Washington, D.C. and Charlotte offices. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position. Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and execution of the annual summer associate program in the New York, Washington, D.C. and Charlotte offices; prepare orientation schedules and orientation handbooks, coordinate social event details and educational programs, coordinate all social and training program invitations with the marketing department, send event reminders, track RSVPs and prepare materials for summer associate reviews. Participate and attend all New York summer associate social events as needed.
- Assist with all aspects of the New York and Charlotte offices’ on-campus interview process including, but may not be limited to, on-campus interview registration, prepare all interviewer binders and marketing materials, schedule call-back interviews, solicit interview evaluations, maintain candidate files and generate reports. Prepare offer decision packets. Send callback invitation, reject and no offer correspondence to candidates. Coordinate offer dinners and other candidate follow-up activities.
- Assist with all aspects of the 1L hiring process.
- Set-up and attend all local New York on-campus interview events, hospitality suites and other recruitment events.
- Prepare and update welcome packet communications and forms for summer associates and first-year associates.
- Maintain the recruiting database, ViRecruit, and complete the entry of all candidate data and interview schedules into database; post jobs on the Katten website and other job websites/sourcing avenues. Prepare all lateral associate interview schedules, maintain lateral associate candidate files and recruitment reports. Assist with lateral associate interview scheduling and greeting candidates.
- Assist with the East Coast offices’ preparation of the NALP form and other recruiting related survey responses.
- Coordinate registration and all logistical details for East Coast offices’ diversity and law student recruitment events.
- Process checks and expense reimbursement requests for candidates and other department expenses.
- Administer BarBri registration and payment, Bar Exam registrations and relocation stipends for incoming associates.
- Assist in preparing reports on various aspects of the legal market.
- Participate in internal meetings and calls within the Attorney Recruitment Department. Actively contribute to Attorney Recruitment planning and strategy.
- Perform special projects for the Director of Attorney Recruitment and East Coast Attorney Recruiting Manager as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of attorney recruitment experience, in a large law firm or similar organization is required.
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime and travel regionally as needed especially during peak recruitment season and during the summer associate program.
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel for formatting graphs, charts and other visual methods of presenting information. Knowledge of viDesktop/viRecruit is beneficial as well.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, candidates, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and project management skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Dependable team player with high energy, creativity, and vision who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently within scope of the position’s responsibilities as a decision-maker and contributor on all levels.
- The work environment is characteristic of a normal office environment with moderate exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran
To apply please use the link below to submit your application: