Website Goodwin Procter LLP
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,400 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
As the Talent Acquisition Assistant, Legal, you will provide administrative support to the Legal Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Partner as requested to attract, recruit and hire highly qualified law students and experienced attorneys to meet the Firm’s needs.
- Maintain recruiting database (LawCruit) including entry of resume data, on-campus interview information, interview schedules, and reporting for all lateral and summer associate candidates.
- Assist Legal Recruiting Specialist with all aspects of lateral recruiting, including data entry; interview scheduling; candidate file maintenance; expense reimbursement; drafting letters and new hire processes.
- Assist Legal Recruiting Team with all aspects of OCI, including on-campus interview preparation and execution; hiring committee meetings; statistical reporting and metrics and interview scheduling.
- Assist Legal Recruiting Team with all aspects of the Summer Program, including ongoing communications; logistical planning; event preparation and execution; training; work assignment tracking and more.
- Schedule interviews and interview lunches for lateral and summer associate candidates, including preparing marketing packages for interviewees; preparing and distributing interview schedules; meeting and greeting applicants; and gathering interview evaluations and printing summaries.
- Prepare offer and rejection letters for all associate and summer associate candidates.
- Work with other departments to track and maintain necessary onboarding information for all new attorneys and summer associates.
- Answer phones, process recruiting expenses, open and distribute mail, prepare disbursements and maintain department subscriptions spreadsheets, copying, filing, scanning, and other administrative duties as requested.
- Additional projects as assigned by LR Team, Director and various partners and Committee members.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of related experience, preferably within a law firm or law school career services environment.
- Strong computer skills/proficiency in computer systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, comfort working with databases. Knowledge of/experience with LawCruit database, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint a plus.
- Superb organizational skills; ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously; flexibility and professionalism in dealing with last minute changes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; professional and courteous demeanor; ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel and a variety of external entities.
- Ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential information.
- Attention to detail, initiative to own a project, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please click here to apply.