Website Goodwin Procter LLP
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,200-plus lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
As the Legal Talent Acquisition Specialist you will be responsible for providing analytical and administrative support to the Talent Acquisition, Legal Department with respect to summer associate, entry-level and lateral associate recruiting for the New York office. The Specialist a “face of the firm” for attorney hires, lateral candidates, and law students in New York, and is called upon to ensure that the recruiting efforts and events run smoothly and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be analytical, thoughtful, collaborative, and also possess a commitment to ensuring all candidates have a positive experience throughout the recruitment and on-boarding process. If you possess these qualities and are interested in joining a dynamic and collegian team at an AmLaw 50 firm that is committed to diversity and inclusion and delivering excellent client service, we hope you will apply.
- On Campus Interviews (Law Schools):Coordinate the on-campus recruiting process for the New York office. Organize materials for on-campus interviews, schedule in-office interviews with candidates, identify attorney interviewers, prepare interview schedules, communicate with candidates about logistics, and serve as the primary point of contact for candidates on interview days and throughout the process.
- Summer Program: Work with the New York team to coordinate all aspects of summer program, including scheduling orientation meetings, assembling materials, planning and executing social events, collecting evaluations, scheduling reviews, monitoring work projects and assignments, tracking attendance at events, preparing offer letters, and tracking offers.
- General: Organize interviews for summer, fall, and lateral attorney candidates. Prepare meeting schedules for candidates, prepare and distribute candidate materials to interviewing attorneys, greet candidates, maintain recruiting calendars, solicit comments from attorney interviewers, and process recruiting expenses/reimbursements for candidates and attorney participants.
- Process resumes, track candidates, run reports, and maintain complete candidate files in our recruitment database (LawCruit).
- Work with Talent Acquisition, Legal team members in other offices on department-wide projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Human Resources and Conflicts Departments to ensure that all new hire paperwork is completed and submitted for all summer, fall and lateral associates.
- Analyze, compile, and update various demographic and statistical information and other reporting materials.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three+ years of professional experience (preferably in a law or professional services firm).
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively, professionally, courteously and confidently with candidates, partners, search firm professionals and all levels of firm personnel and staff.
- Sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize workload, and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle a fast-paced environment, extended hours, travel, and be available to work off-hours when necessary.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office, LawCruit, and the ability to adapt to new software.
Click here to apply.