Website Fordham University
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Associate Director, Career Planning
DEPARTMENT: Career Planning Center
- Counseling: Counseling current J.D. students and alumni, including providing resume critiques and cover letter review, conducting mock interviews and interview prep, and providing job search strategy, advice, and guidance.
- Serving as the liaison for a 1L House and in this role, among other things, provide various presentations and communications to students in this House as well as participating in House office hours.
- Diversity Fellowships, Scholarships, and Job Fairs:Working closely with the Associate Director of Career Planning and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, identify and expand job opportunities related to diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as work as a CPC liaison to various student affinity groups.
- Programming: In collaboration with CPC colleagues plan, organize, and present programs on various career- related and job search topics for JD students and alumni, including Fordham’s annual Mock Interview Program.
- Career Resources: In collaboration with CPC colleagues create and maintain career guides and resources for JD students and alumni, including assisting with updating CPC’s online resources.
Bachelor’s degree required with a Juris Doctor or recruiting experience in the legal market.
- Three (3) years’ work experience with a J.D. degree and/or recruiting experience in the legal market.
- Strong knowledge of the broader legal market (public and private sector) with an emphasis on the NYC metro area.
- Familiarity with SharePoint or similar content management systems.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills.
- Must be able to interact with students, faculty, staff, and administration in a cooperative and professional manner while maintaining the utmost degree of confidentiality.
- Exemplary project management and organizational skills necessary to handle multiple projects and juggling priorities in a fast-paced office environment.
- Self-starter that works well independently but also a team player that works well on projects as a member of a group. Likes to innovate and try new approaches.