Website Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
ABOUT DAVIS POLK
Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (including its associated entities) is a premier law firm that leading companies and financial institutions around the world turn to for counsel on their most significant business and legal matters. With approximately 1,000 lawyers working across 10 offices around the globe, Davis Polk provides exceptional service, sophisticated advice, and creative and practical solutions that know no bounds. Learn more at www.davispolk.com.
The Legal Recruiting Assistant will assist the Legal Recruiting Department with all aspects of attorney recruitment and hiring, including on-campus/law student recruitment and the summer associate program.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedule applicants for callback interviews, and track school-specific offers
- Greet applicants upon arrival, provide office tours and escort applicants to interviews
- Coordinate, track, and attend specific summer associate program and law student recruiting events
- Liaise with summer associates to address inquiries and other general matters
- Enter and maintain accurate candidate information in the recruitment database (viDesktop)
- Additional projects as assigned by the department Chief and Managers
- Self-motivated, proactive, positive, team player
- Punctual, reliable, and flexibility to work long hours as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with attorneys and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, and a meticulous attention to detail including the ability to proofread for typographical, spelling, grammatical, and formatting errors
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a time-sensitive environment while maintaining the highest standards of work quality
- Good judgment and professional maturity including the ability to manage confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other applications as needed
- Experience with viDesktop is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ legal recruiting experience
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Jackie Nunez, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.