Website Baker Botts
Baker Botts, a full-service, leading international law firm recognized for our understanding of the industries we serve, is seeking a Recruiting Assistant for our Recruiting Department. This position provides timely and effective administrative and project support to the Director of Recruiting, Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager(s) and Lateral Partner Recruiting Coordinator(s). The Recruiting Assistant must demonstrate sound judgment, ensure confidentiality, and maintain a professional demeanor in all interactions with internal and external contacts on all levels. This is a Firmwide, non-exempt position, resident in either our Houston, Austin or New York office.
- Assist with coordinating Firmwide lateral partner recruiting efforts by working with the Director of Recruiting, Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager(s) and Lateral Partner Coordinator(s).
- Assist with arranging and scheduling lateral candidate interviews and meetings across offices, including maintaining calendars and appointment schedules, booking conference rooms, and preparing meeting materials as needed.
- Assist with phone and e-mail communication with candidates and interviewers.
- Assist with travel arrangements for lateral candidates.
- Process travel and lateral travel recruiting expense invoices.
- Liaison with Firmwide Human Resources with regard to HR information collected for lateral partners.
- Assist with arranging and scheduling lateral onboarding and orientation.
- Enter detailed applicant interview data into the firm’s applicant tracking system.
- Assist with general administrative duties.
- Other projects as assigned by Director of Recruiting, Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager(s) and Lateral Partner Coordinator(s).
- Minimum of 1 year of recruiting experience required, experience with lateral partner recruiting strongly preferred.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be highly organized, meticulously-detail oriented, while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple assignments, and work responsibly under pressure.
- Must be a highly resourceful team-player, and polite and respectful of others.
- Must speak and act professionally at all times and maintain a professional appearance.