Website Baker Botts LLP
Baker Botts, a full-service, leading international law firm recognized for our understanding of the industries we serve, is seeking a Recruiting Coordinator for our Recruiting Department. The individual in this position will support entry-level hiring, lateral hiring, and special projects. This is an exempt, full-time position resident to the New York office.
- Maintaining recruiting database, applicant tracking, generating all correspondence, statistical reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation all aspects of the Summer Associate Program including on-boarding/off-boarding, work assignments and evaluations, advisor programs, budget tracking, and event planning and attendance.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of all aspects of the fall and spring law school on-campus interviews. This may require the ability to transport various stacks of folders and packets to recruiting events without the assistance of others.
- Assisting with coordinating callback interviews and the offer process.
- Assisting with lawyer on-boarding/off-boarding/status changes.
- Assisting with professional development initiatives and lateral hiring on an as needed basis.
- Processing expense requests and reconciling American Express expense reports.
- Other projects as assigned by Hiring Partner, Recruiting Manager, Partner-in-Charge of Recruiting, Director of Recruiting, and Houston Partner-in-Charge.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required and at least one year of legal recruiting experience.
- This position requires occasional travel and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be highly organized, meticulously-detail oriented, while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple assignments, and work responsibly under pressure.
- Must be a highly resourceful team-player, and polite and respectful of others.
- Must speak and act professionally at all times and maintain a professional appearance.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry file folders or other materials weighing up to 5-10 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a computer for considerable periods of time.
- Position requires extensive telephone use.
- Must be able to lift, squat, kneel and bend.
- Position requires the ability to visit face-to-face and on the phone with lateral lawyer candidates and firm lawyers.
Working Condition and Environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment.
- Position is full-time and requires a five-day work week and standard hours as outlined in the Firm policy manual.
- Additional hours, including weekend and evening hours may be required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work well in high pressure environments.
- Must be able to perform essential duties of the position with time constraints and frequent interruptions.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to accommodation.
- This role may be hybrid and will require a minimum of three days per week (or at least 60%) present in the office, and up to two days per week (40%) may be performed remotely.
Baker Botts L.L.P. is a Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Baker Botts is subject to Executive Order 11246 and is required to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Baker Botts considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply, please click here.