Website Baker Botts LLP
Baker Botts, a full-service, leading international law firm recognized for our understanding of the industries we serve, is seeking a Recruiting Assistant for our Recruiting Department. This position provides timely and effective administrative and project support to the Director of Recruiting, Recruiting Manager(s) and Recruiting Coordinator(s). The Recruiting Assistant must demonstrate sound judgment, ensure confidentiality, and maintain a professional demeanor in all interactions with internal and external contacts on all levels. This is a Firmwide, non-exempt position, resident in our New York office.
- Maintaining recruiting database, applicant tracking, generating all correspondence, statistical reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation all aspects of the Summer Associate Program including on-boarding/off-boarding, work assignments and evaluations, advisor programs, budget tracking, and event planning and attendance.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of all aspects of the fall and spring law school on-campus interviews. This may require the ability to transport various stacks of folders and packets to recruiting events without the assistance of others.
- Assisting with coordinating callback interviews and the offer process.
- Assisting with lawyer on-boarding/off-boarding/status changes.
- Assisting with professional development initiatives and lateral hiring on an as needed basis.
- Processing expense requests and reconciling American Express expense reports.
- Other projects as assigned by Hiring Partner, Recruiting Manager, Partner-in-Charge of Recruiting, Director of Recruiting, Partner in Charge and Office Administrator.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. The position requires substantial contact with Firm lawyers and staff.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service focus.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required and six months of experience in a professional services office environment is preferred.
- This position requires occasional travel and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be highly organized, meticulously-detail oriented, while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple assignments, and work responsibly under pressure.
- Must be a highly resourceful team-player, and polite and respectful of others.
- Must speak and act professionally at all times and maintain a professional appearance.
Extent of Contact (Within and outside the Firm)
This position requires contact with individuals within the firm as follows:
- Extensive daily contact with lawyers, staff and colleagues.
- Frequent contact with outside vendors and law schools.
- Frequent contact with law students and potential lateral attorney hires.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry file folders or other materials weighing up to 5-10 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a computer for considerable periods of time.
- Position requires extensive telephone use.
- Must be able to lift, squat, kneel and bend.
- Position requires the ability to visit face-to-face and on the phone with lateral lawyer candidates and firm lawyers.
Working Condition and Environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment.
- Position is full-time and requires a five-day work week and standard hours as outlined in the Firm policy manual.
- Additional hours, including weekend and evening hours may be required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work well in high pressure environments.
- Must be able to perform essential duties of the position with time constraints and frequent interruptions.
Baker Botts L.L.P. is a Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Baker Botts is subject to Executive Order 11246 and is required to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Baker Botts considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.