Website Baker Botts LLP
Baker Botts, a full-service, leading international law firm recognized for our understanding of the industries we serve, is seeking a Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager for our Recruiting Department. This position will report to the Director of Recruiting. The Lateral Partner Manager, working closely with the Director of Recruiting and the Partner in Charge of Recruiting, will assist with the Firm’s lateral partner hiring efforts. This is a Firmwide exempt position which can reside in any of the Firm’s domestic offices.
- Manage firmwide lateral partner recruiting efforts by working with the Director of Recruiting and Partner in Charge of Recruiting to develop and implement strategies to source, recruit and hire lateral partner candidates.
- Collaborate with departmental leadership and local office partners to guide candidates through the Firm’s recruiting and onboarding process.
- Serve as primary point of contact for candidates and search firms throughout the lateral hiring process.
- Research potential lateral partner candidates; gather market intelligence on firms and candidates.
- Maintain and manage the Firm’s database of lateral recruiting candidates.
- Manage search firm relationships.
- Interface with search firms to share the Firm’s brand, goals, strategies, and desired target markets to make sure the Firm is top-of-mind with leading search firms.
- Track and maintain accurate recruiting data and metrics and prepare reports and analysis as needed for internal and external purposes.
- Energize the partnership to provide direct leads to available lateral talent and, in so doing, avoiding the need for employment of professional search firms.
- Report regularly to Firm leadership on global lateral hiring trends and statistics.
- Manage candidate meetings and travel.
- Manage, train and develop Lateral Partner Recruiting Coordinator.
- Other projects as assigned by Director of Recruiting and PIC-Recruiting.
- Bachelor's degree; 4+ years of recruiting experience, ideally including lateral lawyer recruiting; experience in a law firm or other professional services environment is preferred.
- A team and results-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills; ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships quickly and collaborate with attorneys and staff at all levels.
- A self-starter with the ability to exercise independent judgment; highly professional demeanor.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; working knowledge of relational databases and web technology would be beneficial; familiarity with viRecruit and/or other recruiting systems strongly preferred.
- Must be willing to work extended hours; work regularly requires more than a standard work week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Baker Botts L.L.P. is a Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Baker Botts is subject to Executive Order 11246 and is required to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Baker Botts considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click here to apply.