Website Baker Botts LLP
Baker Botts, a full-service, leading international law firm recognized for our understanding of the industries we serve, is seeking a Recruiting Assistant for our Recruiting Department. This position provides timely and effective administrative and project support to the Director of Recruiting, Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager(s) and Lateral Partner Recruiting Coordinator(s). The Recruiting Assistant must demonstrate sound judgment, ensure confidentiality, and maintain a professional demeanor in all interactions with internal and external contacts on all levels. This is a Firmwide, non-exempt position, resident in either our Houston, Austin or New York office.
- Assist with coordinating Firmwide lateral partner recruiting efforts by working with the Director of Recruiting, Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager(s) and Lateral Partner Coordinator(s).
- Assist with arranging and scheduling lateral candidate interviews and meetings across offices, including maintaining calendars and appointment schedules, booking conference rooms, and preparing meeting materials as needed.
- Assist with phone and e-mail communication with candidates and interviewers.
- Assist with travel arrangements for lateral candidates.
- Process travel and lateral travel recruiting expense invoices.
Liaison with Firmwide Human Resources with regard to HR information collected for lateral partners.
- Assist with arranging and scheduling lateral onboarding and orientation.
- Enter detailed applicant interview data into the firm’s applicant tracking system.
- Assist with general administrative duties.
- Other projects as assigned by Director of Recruiting, Lateral Partner Recruiting Manager(s) and Lateral Partner Coordinator(s).
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. The position requires substantial contact with Firm partners and staff.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Minimum of 1 year of recruiting experience required, experience with lateral partner recruiting strongly preferred.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be highly organized, meticulously-detail oriented, while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple assignments, and work responsibly under pressure.
- Must be a highly resourceful team-player, and polite and respectful of others.
- Must speak and act professionally at all times and maintain a professional appearance.
Extent of Contact (Within and outside the Firm)
This position requires contact with individuals within the firm as follows:
- Extensive daily contact with lawyers, staff and colleagues.
- Frequent contact with outside vendors.
- Potential lateral hires.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry file folders weighing up to 5-10 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a computer for considerable periods of time.
- Position requires extensive telephone use.
- Must be able to lift, squat, kneel and bend.
- Position requires the ability to visit face-to-face and on the phone with lateral lawyer candidates, firm lawyers.
Working Condition and Environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment.
- Position is full-time and requires a five-day work week and standard hours as outlined in the Firm policy manual. Additional hours, including weekend and evening hours may be required in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work well in high pressure environments.
- Must be able to perform essential duties of the position with time constraints and frequent interruptions.
Baker Botts L.L.P. is a Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Baker Botts is subject to Executive Order 11246 and is required to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Baker Botts considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.