Website O'Melveny & Myers
It’s more than what we do: it’s how we do it. Across sectors and borders, in boardrooms and courtrooms, we measure our success by our clients and employees. And in our interactions, we commit to making the O’Melveny experience as satisfying as the outcomes we help you achieve. Our greatest accomplishment is ensuring that our clients never have to choose between premier lawyering and exceptional service.
With approximately 800 lawyers on three continents, and strong cultural ties to all our locations, O’Melveny is both local and global—an international law firm experienced in everything from the fine print of a municipal zoning law to the intricacies of an international infrastructure deal. At our core, you’ll find a dedication to excellence, a drive to lead and innovate, and a deep sense of civic responsibility. So, tell us. What do you want to achieve?
O’Melveny has an immediate opening for an Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator in our New New York office. This role will work closely with the Recruiting and Development Manager to provide support in the recruitment, integration and retention of attorneys and summer associates.
•Work closely with the Recruiting and Development Manager in all aspects of Firm recruiting.
• Coordinate all aspects of the attorney recruitment process, including on-campus and lateral recruiting as well as clerkship hiring.
• Plan and execute the office's summer associate program including but not limited to planning and attending events, review process, orientation, training programs, etc. Work closely with the Summer Committee on all summer program matters.
• Handle law school registration for on-campus interviews, staff hospitality suites, coordinate coverage for all campus interviews, interview packets, etc.
• Communicate with applicants to schedule interviews and facilitate the offer process (draft offer letters, conflicts, background checks, etc.).
• Coordinate onboarding and orientation of all hires.
• Coordinate 1L and spring outreach events on campus.
• There are also Firm wide projects as assigned by the Director of Attorney Recruiting. Specifically, the Coordinator will help with gathering and assessing Firmwide talent-related data, generating reports for Firm leadership, and other projects as requested.
Professional Development Responsibilities:
• Facilitate the office’s training and mentoring programs.
• Coordinate the attorney evaluation process and upward reviews.
• Assist in developing and creating initiatives and attorney development programs.
• Work with the Recruiting and Development Manager to assist with facilitating leaves, departures and office transfers.
• Build awareness, understanding, and support for the Firm’s talent development initiatives.
There are also Firm wide projects as assigned by the Director of Attorney Professional Development. Specifically, the Coordinator will assist in coordinating training and MCLE courses for the New York office, and other projects as requested.
• A minimum of 2 years of attorney recruiting and/or attorney development experience (preferably in a large law firm environment) or professional services experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Superior technical skills and the ability to consider and analyze data and how it can be best utilized for the firm’s talent development efforts.
• Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Candidates should be proactive and comfortable dealing with all levels of leadership.
• Experience with LawCruit and Workday or other applicant tracking system is strongly preferred.
• A four year college degree is required.
For more information, or to be considered for this position, please apply online at
www.omm.com/careers. Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. EOE M/F/D/V. No direct phone or email inquiries, please.