Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
Sullivan & Cromwell LLP is seeking an Assistant Manager – Legal Recruiting to join the Legal Talent Office (LTO) in the New York office. The Assistant Manager will support the full life-cycle of law student recruitment—with a particular focus on on-campus recruiting and the summer associate program—and the Senior Manager – Legal Recruiting in creating, developing, and implementing effective processes and best practices. The candidate will also provide support on lateral associate recruitment as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage on campus and “pre-OCI” recruiting processes at assigned schools, including all campus logistics, communication with candidates and career services offices, offer dinners, etc.
- Support partner team heads in executing strategy for their school teams, including organizing law school events, overseeing Firm sponsorship of student groups, and driving candidate follow-up and outreach efforts.
- Administer the hiring process for lateral associate candidates, including communicating with legal search agencies, creating candidate interview schedules, and other duties as needed.
- Organize and execute a world-class summer associate program, including orientation, mentoring, assignments, evaluations, and social events for all summer associates.
- Update and maintain recruiting data systems, including but not limited to updating and administering the summer associate extranet and internal appointment book and working with PeopleSoft and Knowledge Management teams as needed.
- Work with Communications group to create compelling marketing materials and other collateral; maintain and continually improve Firm’s external recruiting website.
- Implement and execute the Firm’s recruiting policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Conduct regular market scans as needed.
- Special projects or other duties may be assigned.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a proactive mindset. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment. Must be creative, flexible and open to new ideas and evolving responsibilities. Excellent verbal and communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality and address sensitive matters with discretion. Superior interpersonal skills. Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
Education and/or Experience
B.A. required, along with five or more years of recruiting experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here.