Website Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
Assist Legal Talent Office (LTO) with the full life cycle of legal recruitment, from the on campus interview (OCI) process to the summer associate program, and provide support to LTO personnel on various administrative matters as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support LTO with all aspects of law student recruitment, including creating candidate books and OCI binders, assisting with hospitality suite logistics, greeting and escorting candidates, entering and tracking data in candidate database, preparing candidate correspondence, and assisting with offer candidate outreach and events.
- Assist with outreach to student organizations, including coordinating events and tracking sponsorship activities.
- Support all aspects of the Firm’s 12-week summer associate program, including assisting with onboarding and orientation, coordinating and staffing events, assisting with the summer associate evaluation process, scheduling meetings and programs, creating name tags and invitations, coordinating event RSVPs, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Provide general administrative support to the LTO, including data entry in PeopleSoft, phone coverage (including for appointment booking during recruiting season), and other duties as needed.
- Provide support for lateral and LL.M. recruitment as needed.
- Handle special projects as needed (e.g., candidate gifts, careers website maintenance, etc.).
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
Candidate must be highly organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and motivated. They must possess superior written and verbal skills and should be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, including senior lawyers. Must be able to juggle multiple tasks with competing tight deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
B.A. required. Experience working at a law firm or similarly fast-paced professional services environment preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monday through Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm (occasional weekend and evening work may be required)