Website Arnold & Porter
The Diversity & Inclusion Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Director of Diversity & Inclusion in the Washington, DC office. The Director of Diversity & Inclusion will have a firm-wide presence, working closely with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), the D&I Committee Chair, D&I Committee, other attorney committees and senior administrators to ensure effective implementation of the firm's diversity and inclusion objectives and strategies. The Director is responsible for working with CDIO and other internal stakeholders to identify and implement initiatives and projects designed to support the firm’s D&I goals related to recruitment, retention, advancement, engagement and service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the CDIO with the execution of the firm’s D&I strategies.
- Supervising the D&I Manager, D&I Specialist, and Women’s Initiative Specialist.
- Managing the day-to-day communications and operational work of the D&I team with various firm stakeholders.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations and implementation of specific projects and initiatives as delegated.
- Liaising with directors and managers across the firm to ensure effective implementation of programs and projects with D&I implications.
- Working with the CDIO to develop agendas and implement projects related to the work of the Diversity Committee.
- Overseeing responses to diversity surveys/industry submissions ensuring that all submissions are ready for executive review; staying abreast of survey trends and understanding which surveys our peer firms participate in and determine the benefits of doing so.
- Working with the D&I Manager, D&I Data Analyst, and Marketing to ensure timely responses to all client diversity surveys and RFPs.
- Assisting with the monthly monitoring of the DEI budget, overseeing the DEI conference registrations and sponsorships to ensure firm representation at external events and coordination of necessary details with D&I team, Marketing, Legal Talent and other firm departments.
- Partnering with our Legal Talent and Human Resources directors to strengthen relationships with key external stakeholders focused on recruitment, professional development, and advancement.
- Supervising the D&I Specialist and Women’s Initiatives Specialist to coordinate meetings and events for the firm’s staff and attorney affinity groups and resource groups; supporting the affinity group leaders in execution of their goals as they further the firm’s D&I strategy.
- Fostering knowledge and adoption of DEI topics and best practices and, together with the CDIO, coordinating and/or facilitating internal education and development programs.
- Collaborating with the CDIO in the design of DEI training and development programs for all attorneys and staff. This may include working with D&I Committee, Legal Talent Development, Human Resources and other stakeholders to develop programs.
- Working with the CDIO and D&I Data Analyst to envision the data various stakeholders need, how to present it, and conduct trend analysis to gather insights/conclusions to further develop the firm’s diversity and inclusion strategic goals.
- Working with the CDIO and the Marketing team to ensure that the firm website/social media presence are regularly updated to reflect the firm’s commitment to D&I. The Director will also work with the D&I and Pro Bono Marketing Manager and other internal stakeholders to supply content for and develop promotional and information materials to support diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Serving as diversity, inclusion, and equity subject matter expert; staying abreast of market trends and innovations.
- A bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or JD degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a diversity and inclusion role within a corporate environment.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a law firm, professional services or corporate environment.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in viDesktop, the Internet, Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Ability to lead effectively while being a team player.
- Professional presence and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills and initiative.
- Flexibility to travel to other offices.
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to strategically maintain financial/budgetary information.
- Ability to be a change agent and drive new firm initiatives.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic focus.
- Possess exceptional judgement and professionalism.
- Ability to define goals and follow though to achieve results.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional client service both internal and external.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.