Website Allen & Overy LLP
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over 30 countries all over the world. We’re built on the work of talented and motivated people, in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We operate at the forefront of the legal industry, and our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners and senior leadership acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We’re thoughtful and inventive, and we’ve developed a culture in which difference and openness is positively valued, where people are free to be themselves. We’re one global team, supportive and collaborative but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
Department purpose and structure
The HR team at Allen & Overy provides a first class service to the business, offering strategic HR business advice at the business partner level and quality support services in the full range of HR functions through specialist teams such as, learning & development, resourcing, reward, employee relations advice, diversity and inclusion, payroll, systems and HR administration.
The Coordinator is responsible for providing lateral partner recruitment and integration support to as a member of the U.S. Recruiting team within the U.S. HR department.
– Senior Manager, U.S. Lateral Recruitment
– Manager, U. S. Partner Recruitment, Integration, and Engagement
– Recruitment, Professional Development, and Rewards & Benefits Teams, as well as U.S. Support Teams
– Partner Matters Unit
Role and responsibilities:
Lateral Partner Recruitment:
• Coordinate and facilitate interview process for the lateral partner recruitment: Correspond directly with external and internal stakeholders; Create and communicate interview meeting invites, schedules, and internal confirmation emails; Handle meeting logistics; Organize, track, and disseminate information for candidates and interviewers; and collate and track feedback in timely manner.
• Maintain and update recruitment and tracking databases, systems, and documents as well as applicant information, records and files to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Track, analyze, report on, and refine recruitment metrics and outcomes, advance data-gathering efforts.
• Prepare materials and attend internal meetings, disseminate meeting notes, and update databases.
• Liaise with research teams to perform market and lateral research
• Coordinate the administrative aspects (track, organize, report, prepare) of lateral process including conflicts checks, external due diligence, Lateral Partner Questionnaire, internal memos, and final interviews.
• Interact directly with lateral partner recruiters, develop and maintain relationships with search firms, oversee search firm agreements, maintain invoices, and prepare/process payments with AP.
Lateral Partner Onboarding and Integration:
• Support the development of bespoke Lateral Partner Integration Plans including drafting plans.
• Schedule, attend, take-notes, and action items agreed during lateral partner planning meetings.
• Coordinate pre-joining meetings with while serving as a resource to relevant stakeholders e.g., sponsor and lateral partners, support teams, Partner Matters Unit, as well as practice support professionals.
• Coordinate, organize, and disseminate lateral new hire paperwork.
• Draft relevant documents including cheat sheets, welcome, and introductory emails.
• Coordinate, organize, and track onboarding and check-in meetings and the lateral partner mentoring program.
• Collaborate with Finance, PMU, & BD teams globally to prepare for informal check-in. Coordinate data gathering and collation; update integration plans; prepare for meetings; and track objectives and outcomes.
• Maintain, analyze, and update lateral partner reports, tracking spreadsheets, and feedback surveys.
• Coordinate lateral first year reviews including drafting emails and memos, and overseeing feedback collection.
• Advance and support other global lateral partner recruitment and integration initiatives as necessary.
• Support Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives throughout the lateral partner recruitment process including maintaining and reporting data for benchmark surveys and compliance.
• Maintain awareness of industry best practices as well as lateral partner moves
• Support managers in other activities including general administration, identifying ways to improve administrative organization, filtering inquiries stakeholders, and coordinating meetings as requested.
A&O’s for other job key requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Approximately three years’ recruiting experience in a professional service firm, ideally within the legal industry and experience with lateral partner or associate recruiting.
• Strong sense of intuition and follow-through and who brings positive, high-energy to their work
• Team-oriented with the ability work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent track record of working with senior management within a complex international organization.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, who will enjoy the operational and strategic sides of this role, who can interface with people at various levels, and who can build strong client relationships.
• Experience and appreciation of working in diverse, multi-cultural, as well as global environments.
• Ability to deal sensitively with difficult issues and a variety of different personalities and career levels.
• Proficient in MS Suite with strong computer skills.
Please visit https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=30147&siteid=5040&PageType=searchResults&SearchType=linkquery&LinkID=4#jobDetails=56033_5040.