Website Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. We are currently seeking an Attorney Recruiting & Development Coordinator to join a dynamic team comprised of individuals who strive to provide a high level of client service in every aspect of their responsibilities and who are inspired to work together to develop innovative, first-of-class recruiting and development practices.
This role is eligible to work a hybrid schedule from the New York office and will work under the general supervision and direction of the Senior Attorney Recruiting and Development Manager to support all aspects of the New York office’s attorney recruiting and development functions, including Summer Associate hiring, the Summer Associate program, law school and lateral attorney hiring, and the professional development for associates and counsel. The Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Coordinate on-campus interviews at various law schools; schedule callback interviews and coordinate each student’s in-office interview schedule.
- Coordinate and execute law school outreach and engagement initiatives according to Firm strategy.
- Provide on-site assistance at law schools for on-campus interviewing and events.
- Prepare materials for and participate in office Executive Hiring Committee meetings.
- Coordinate planning and execution of the annual Summer Associate Program including training programs and networking events.
- Respond to day-to-day Summer Associate questions and/or concerns and participate in all Summer Associate events to the extent possible.
- Coordinate lateral attorney recruiting, including but not limited to screening candidate resumes, circulating potential candidate materials, coordinating candidate interview schedules, and distributing, coordinating, receiving and reviewing evaluation forms.
- Engage with search firms including the drafting of search firm agreements, having regular communication regarding lateral openings, arranging meetings between search firms and practice group leaders.
- Assist with the lateral attorney offer process including drafting offer letters and requests for approvals to extend offers.
- Conduct market research regarding legal recruiting trends.
- Analyze recruiting statistics, and prepare and submit on behalf of the Firm statistics for NALP, attorney salary surveys, internal presentations, etc.
- Coordinate planning and delivery of attorney development training programs.
- Provide assistance with office associates committee and lateral attorney integration initiatives.
- Participate in scheduled periodic Attorney Recruiting and Development Department meetings.
- Collaborate with Firmwide Resource Groups and various business services departments to plan and implement innovative recruiting and development programming and events.
- Contribute to department projects and initiatives related to all aspects of attorney recruitment and development.
- Coordinate work in various recruiting-and development related computerized databases and programs.
Qualifications (Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in legal recruiting in a law firm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong proficiency in video conferencing platforms, including Zoom and WebEx.
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and attorneys.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with specific deadlines and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to use initiative and judgment to accomplish results.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of client and office information and adhering to the Firm’s Core Values.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.