Website Vinson & Elkins LLP
The Senior Talent Coordinator is a high visibility role that plans and manages the recruitment lifecycle of summer associates, entry-level and lateral attorneys, legal personnel, professional development, diversity and inclusion, and alumni relations.
Oversight and Execution:
- Administer aspects of the firm’s strategies for attracting and hiring summer associates, entry-level and lateral lawyers through the hiring guidelines, resume review process, on-campus and in-office interviewing, candidate evaluation and offer decision-making process.
- Collaborate with Diversity & Alumni Relations team and firmwide Attorney Recruitment team, to implement and administer the firm’s strategies for developing and advancing all attorneys through training, mentoring, career development, performance evaluations and other development initiatives, including oversight of the office’s Associate Advisory Committee.
- Serve as the primary contact for the administration of all attorney personnel matters to include arrivals, leaves, transfers, temporary assignments and departures.
- Organize and implement summer associate program: schedule orientation, work closely with attorney work coordinators, plan and attend social events, act as liaison to students.
- Assist in the on boarding and integration of new and lateral attorneys by scheduling orientation, welcome events, making introductions, etc.
- Serve as a primary contact for all Talent Management matters for office attorneys. Monitor emerging trends in peer law firms with regards to all aspects of Talent Management.
- Manage assigned budgets to control costs and use resources efficiently.
- Prepare and maintain reports to carry out the functions of Talent Management.
- Supervise and train Talent Coordinator(s), Talent Assistant(s), and Talent intern(s).
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Occasional travel and ability to work late hours.Job is subject to time pressures and constraints.
- Education: College degree required.
- Experience: Four years progressively responsible experience in a law firm or similar environment required; recruiting experience preferred.
- Special Knowledge: Law firm recruiting and professional development.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of Firm computer software.
- Attributes: Ability to multitask, prioritize and complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance; excellent judgment and able to maintain a high degree of professionalism; react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; exceptional communication and organizational skills; ability to work with a team of highly-skilled professionals in situations that require diplomacy and confidentiality; detail-oriented; financial and statistical reporting skills; relationship-building skills; people and project management skills; ability to maintain a good rapport with various personnel at all levels.
- Other Qualifications: Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and see projects through to completion.