Website Vinson & Elkins LLP
The Lateral Attorney Recruitment Coordinator works under the general supervision of the Lateral Attorney Recruitment Manager and in conjunction with other Talent Management personnel, the Talent Management Chair, Talent/Diversity Leads, Practice Group Leaders, and Directors of Global Practice Management to support all aspects of the Firm’s global lateral hiring efforts. This position can be in the Houston, New York or Dallas office.
• Coordinates and supports Local Talent Management with respect to all global lateral associate hiring initiatives and strategic priorities
• Works with Local Talent Management, Practice Group Leaders, Talent/Diversity Leads and Directors of Global Practice Management on the execution of fulfilling lateral associate needs
• Supports Local Talent Management to facilitate hiring, onboarding and integration activities for all lateral hires, including coordinating and conducting new hire orientation as needed
• Supports lateral partner and counsel hiring efforts, including data entry and scheduling candidate interviews
• Maintains candidate information and lateral reports in the Firm’s recruiting tracking systems
• Schedules lateral associate interviews as needed and collects and distributes candidate feedback
• Maintains and updates process documentation, e-comms, templates and resources related to lateral recruitment
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with recruiters, vendors, lawyers, lateral candidates, and firm personnel
• Conducts and reports on market research for lateral specific benefits such as moving expenses (national and international)
• Supports Local Talent Management in managing the entry-level hiring “regretted loss” list to maintain a pipeline of future lateral associate candidates
• Works with Business Development and Diversity & Inclusion on external marketing materials for recruiters and candidates
• Surveys and regularly reports on trends as part of the lateral hiring experience, including onboarding and integration satisfaction
• Provides reports and statistical data as needed
• Maintains the Talent Management preferred recruiter list
• Monitors and tracks lateral associate compensation details made in offer letters
• Drafts lateral job postings
• Provides back-up support to Compliance Coordinator
• Provides immigration support as needed
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education: College degree required.
Experience: Three years recruiting or related experience in a law firm or professional services environment required.
Special Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of hiring practices and associated laws and regulations preferred.
Technical Skills: Knowledge of Firm computer software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel); experience with recruiting and HR management systems preferred (viGlobal & Oracle).
Attributes: Exceptional communication and organizational skills; ability to work with a team of highly-skilled professionals in situations that require diplomacy and confidentiality; detail-oriented.
Other Qualifications: Ability to maintain a good rapport with various personnel at all levels. Immigration experience a plus.
Special Knowledge: Knowledge of bar licensing rules and requirements across jurisdictions preferred. Immigration experience a plus.
Ability to travel occasionally and work late hours.
Job is subject to time pressures and constraints.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills required of personnel so classified. The firm reserves the right to revise or modify this job description at any time.