Website Arnold & Porter
The Talent Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Talent Coordinator in the New York office. The Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Attorney Recruiting and Legal Personnel teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting/coordinating orientation and integration of all new associates and staff attorneys in the NY office.
- Processing and managing pre-employment requirements (references, conflict checks, offer letters, etc.)
- Coordinating paperwork for new associate and staff attorney hires (arrival notices, orientation schedules, orientation packets, personnel files, personnel authorization forms).
- Acting as a liaison for new employees with other Firm departments.
- Supporting the annual associate and staff attorney evaluation and feedback process as needed.
- Tracking bar admissions and assisting with the bar admissions process as needed.
- Working with the Attorney Recruiting team, office recruiting committees and hiring partners to develop and implement an overall recruiting strategy and program to best present A&P to candidates on law school campuses.
- Coordinating the on campus interview process, including but not limited to registration, scheduling, preparing interview materials and submitting feedback forms to participating law schools.
- Supporting the callback interview process, including but not limited to scheduling, greeting and communicating with candidates.
- Assisting with planning callback events, offer visits and any other activities related to callback events.
- Coordinating weekly decision meetings during callback process.
- Coordinating campus outreach events including on-campus events designed to market the Firm; partner with career services personnel and faculty to raise the Firm’s profile; interact with former A&P summer associates network.
- Assisting with summer associate program planning, including but not limited to, planning events, coordinating summer associate arrival dates, handling pre-arrival communications, scheduling orientation and trainings and facilitating the end of summer departure process.
- Preparing and maintaining Associate and Staff Attorney Hiring Program reports and statistics.
- Supporting lateral associate interview process including identifying/presenting candidates and scheduling interviews.
- Supporting various lateral recruiting initiatives such as the clerkship hiring and Tax LLM hiring processes.
- Handling administrative tasks for the department including expense forms and check requests.
- Other projects as assigned by the Director or Managers.
- Four-year college degree preferred. Equivalent experience considered.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience in professional services, corporate or law firm environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- viDesktop platform experience a plus.
- Requires strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment, a professional demeanor and the ability to provide an excellent first impression of the Firm.
- Ability to work with all levels of Firm personnel, establish effective working relationships throughout the Firm and handle to challenging situations appropriately.
- Confidentiality is essential.
- Must be highly motivated, creative, flexible, adaptable to change and results-oriented.
- Proficiency in handling a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload effectively.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity