Website Selendy & Gay
Selendy & Gay is seeking a highly motivated Recruiting Assistant to join our Legal Recruiting team.
The Recruiting Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the execution of the recruiting needs of the firms. The position will focus on on-campus recruiting initiatives, supporting the summer associate programs, coordinating interviews, and managing the Firm’s legal recruiting database.
- Assist with the coordination of on campus interviews (OCI), including hosting hospitality suites, preparing interview materials, scheduling call-back interviews, following up with attorneys for evaluations, organizing agenda materials for hiring meetings, and sending appropriate communications to candidates regarding their employment.
- Work with the Recruiting Coordinator(s) to schedule interviews for lateral and clerk candidates. Assist with organizing interview schedules, collecting interviewer feedback, viRecruit updates, and preparing materials for hiring partners.
- Assist with organizing outreach initiatives, including the preparation of event materials and attending 1L and/or clerk recruiting receptions.
- Track relationships/sponsorships with on-campus student groups throughout the year, including expenditures, engagement opportunities and attorney involvement.
- Help arrange on-campus events, coordinate travel logistics for attorneys, send necessary materials, and liaise with student organizations.
- Support the execution of the summer associate program including logistical planning, work assignment tracking, preparing for evaluations, processing invoices/payments, and tracking overall financial obligations.
- Organize, execute and attend summer program social events, trainings and other duties associated with the summer program as directed.
- Ensure all candidate statuses are updated in the recruiting database, viRecruit, to ensure the recruiting statistics and data can be generated with accuracy.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the legal recruiting team, including ad hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Entry level: 0-2 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Highly motivated with strong initiative skills and exceptional attention to detail, understanding how smaller pieces or details fit into a larger plan or project.
- Effective communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Takes ownership over tasks & demonstrates ability to operate both within a team and autonomously.
- Energetic and collegial; ability to build strong relationships throughout the firm. Including summer associates, senior leadership, and other internal constituencies.
- Acts with honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all instances.
- Thinks and plans logically, making sure ideas and issues are thoroughly evaluated.
- Team player, responsive and proactive, anticipating the needs of the team.
- Proactive in learning and evaluating potential problems with a solution orientated approach.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org